• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting question

dtg1015

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Ltd
Been looking around here for a bit and cannot find anyone with the same issue.

I have a 2015 Limited with factory ambient lighting. All of the lights work with the exception of the drivers foot well. I have looked multiple times but cannot find where the lights are located. I was wondering if someone could let me know where exactly the lights are. Pics would be great.

I have only owned it for a week and I absolutely love it. My wife is also very impressed and she drives a 2015 Acura MDX.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The led is part of the overall lamp assembly - it is located under the driver side steering column to the left - see the attached picture (the connector for the lamp is shaded in red)

hope this helps!

2015EXPLORERLEDFOOTWEL.jpg

Thank you - that is exactly what I was looking for.

Heads up display?

Been looking around here for a bit and cannot find anyone with the same issue.

I have a 2015 Limited with factory ambient lighting. All of the lights work with the exception of the drivers foot well. I have looked multiple times but cannot find where the lights are located. I was wondering if someone could let me know where exactly the lights are. Pics would be great.

I have only owned it for a week and I absolutely love it. My wife is also very impressed and she drives a 2015 Acura MDX.

It's under warranty...take it back to your dealer and let them figure it out......

It's possible that the light works fine, but is covered by the padding on the trim piece that covers the fuse box area, under the steering column. That's how mine was, and I didn't even notice until I went to hardwire my radar detector.

Bumping this thread, because the passenger footwell is not lit up on my 2016.
As a matter of fact, I don't recollect if it was ever on? Lol

Back