Amplifier Integration Harness Hocus Pocus | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amplifier Integration Harness Hocus Pocus

kedhegard

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
Amplifier Integration Harness (please help- I've got pictures!)

Hey guys, I was wondering if somebody could help me with this. I recently purchased an aftermarket head unit to put in my 1995 Explorer with
"premium" sound system. It is the one with the 6 disc changer (now gone) and small subwoofer in the rear quarter panel.

You have to buy an "integration harness" to make this work, so I did, and everything spliced together just fine. One problem, though: Two of the pieces to not match each other. Here are some pics...

Tab A
91839071.jpg

Slot A
91839068.jpg

Tab B
91839061.jpg

Slot B
91839078.jpg

Tabs A and B are the factory leads which plugged into the OEM head unit. Slots A and B are the leads from the integration harness. You will notice that Tab B is rectangular with 16 holes, and Slot B is square with 8 pins. Even I, with my Alabama public school education, know that those two won't fit despite much "manual persuasion" on my own part.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please guys, any advice helps!

Thanks a lot

looks liek you got the wrong kit.....

you'll either need to: get a amp bypass kit, or run new speaker wire from aftermarket HU to your speakers. The gray clippie, (A) will work fine if I recall correctly, it's for the power, ground, ignition and such.

Right, that one is for power and such. What I was wondering is what are the 8 wires on the black one besides the speaker wires? Am I going to lose sub output? How in the heck am I supposed to figure out which is positive/negative and to what speaker?

Thanks again everybody.

i wouldnt screw with splicing it, if its that difficult i would jsut run new wires to everything that way you will nkow whats going on, or try to locate the proper harness, the one you got is not the right harness for your truck

Ok I've searched all over the net (again) and all I can find that even looks like it might work is this
h56.jpg

Does that green one look right/familiar to anybody?

kedhegard said:
Ok I've searched all over the net (again) and all I can find that even looks like it might work is this
h56.jpg

Does that green one look right/familiar to anybody?

It looks like it could be the one but i'm not positive

And you don't need to run new wires or run an amp bypass, it'll just deliver better sound.

The green is the one.
The sub should work fine when you are done provided you hooked up the remote output to the harness amplifier turn on.

danman

Back