AMSOIL POWER FOAM!!!!!

ipozestu

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Mateo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sportie
So as it may, I have gotten completely tired of the rattel of carbon knock. I have tried sea foam, tried additives, well today I purchased a can of Amsoil Power Foam. It was $4.99 @ dealer cost. Pretty damn cheap. Because it's an areosol it sprays real nice and neat. It is much easier to control the amount of product and makes it much less likely that you will hydolock your motor. So I sprayed and sprayed until the 16oz can was gone. Let it sit for 15 min. Then drove it around the block a couple of times in first gear to really spin the engine to blow the crap out. Of course white smoke everywhere. But this time.... NO MORE CLATTER!!!! YEA!!! I have never heard my engine run this quiet and smooth. I would recommend this stuf to any one. Super easy to use, safe for your engine, and the best stuff I have found to date for a remedy to this problem. Just a FYI for all you out there.
Later
Jeff

I have found the AMSOIL POWER FOAM to be far superior to the sea foam here's a link

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long does the engine smoke for? I should do this though my engine doesn't make a noise (150k miles) but I'm sure it could use a good cleaning. I like on an Air Force Base so I'd have to leave for the day.

It'll smoke really bad while you spray it in. It's actually kind of funny. You will get some very strange looks that is for sure. After you let it sit then drive it it only smokes for a little while. It is so worth it.

Did you spray it in thorough the throttle body or somewhere else?

lol ive got a bottle at home...maybe i should try it? you saying it will get rid of clatter while accelerating?

What about sea foam deep creep? Its sea foam in an aerosol can :)

Cleaning out an engine and stuff? i heard ya just run it hard and that cleans e'r up.

Did you spray it in thorough the throttle body or somewhere else?
Under the TB you'll see a hose follow it down to where there is a break separate it there and spray into that hose. I fingered the throttle a bit to make sure I didn't stall it.

lol ive got a bottle at home...maybe i should try it? you saying it will get rid of clatter while accelerating?
Worked for me, I'd give it a try

What about sea foam deep creep? Its sea foam in an aerosol can
Tried the Sea Foam and it didn't work. This stuff kicks arse

Cleaning out an engine and stuff? i heard ya just run it hard and that cleans e'r up.
My truck doesn't know how to be babied. I run the hell out of it all the time. I ddon't care how hard you run it, it's not going to do what this stuff does.

On my truck, AMSOIL Power Foam didn't stop the ping but Seafoam did. The Power Foam is EXCELLENT as a degreaser too. I use it a lot.

Back