An Honest review of 5th generation Explorer (long) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

An Honest review of 5th generation Explorer (long)

Maybe from the people posting in this forum that bought the Sport thinking that 'Sport' meant trim and high end luxury options, but for those of us that bought the Sport for reason it was built (suspension, transmission, engine, quicker ratio steering, untapped modding potential, etc.), it seems we're pretty happy campers. Just scoot across the aisle to the 'modified' forum to check us out.

I drove a 2014 Limited for (2) weeks while my Wrangler was being repaired after an idiot rear ended me. I really liked almost everything about the Limited and was actually sad to turn it back in to Enterprise. Fast forward 2 weeks later I found me and my family in a Ford dealership looking at a Sport. I got a deal of my lifetime at 12K off MSRP and signed the paperwork on a new 15'. I bought it over the Limited because of the same reasons you stated above, the suspension/wheels, ENGINE, and the ability to plug in a Livernois 93 Tuner into it at will. I'm happy with the fit & finish as well. With the A/C leather seats w/bolsters & lumbar support, it's the most comfortable vehicle I've yet to drive on a road trip. It reminds me of a Range Rover Sport I drove for a spell. I've very happy with my Sport!

Livernois also has tunes for the NA 3.5L which according to them will give you the Sport performance.

Peter

Livernois also has tunes for the NA 3.5L which according to them will give you the Sport performance.

Peter

I must have missed that...

Peter
OT for this thread, I know. But I just want to mention that I installed the LMS 93 perf tune last nite and shaved .5 sec off of my 0-60 time (6.42 pretune, 5.92 post tune). More details in my thread in the 'modified' section of the forum.

Back