• Register Today It's free!

another 99' X lift question

qckdrw

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle Wa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' explorer
so here we go just bought a 99 X looking for a lift package on a budget so far I'v decided on 1" tt shackles in the rear and a pro comp 3" bl W some 32s or 33s the question is Im being told by every shop that I talk to is its not "safe" to do this is this true? and who in the Sea. Wa. area can do this or at least help me?

thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, first off you dont do the TT to the rear, only the front. For the rear you will need warrior shackles. And it is safe, just about everyone on this site has the TT/shackles.

Edit: Nevermind I just reread you post and you did say shackles. Sorry.

The reason that say it is not safe is because lifting your truck will will increase the vehicle's center of gravity. They don't want to assume liability if you damage your truck or yourself. You will be fine as long as you dont try to take the exits on the highway at 70 mph.
Many people will help you out if you decide to do it yourself.

any problem w/ the diffrences between the ranger and the X when useing the ranger kit?

Your center of gravity wont increase that much though because you are just lifting the body. All the heavy stuff like the motor stay in the same spot. I think you will have to fab up your own bumper brackets but Im not 100% sure on that.

how much cutting would I have to do (if any ) to fit 32s or 33s?

most likely minimal cutting...also, you will need to make your own rear bumper brackets if using the ranger bodylift....

Back