5.5 superlift+ SOA..what next? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.5 superlift+ SOA..what next?

How much are the Perry Fenders going to cost you? Also, do they paint them for you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

j602 said:
You don't need spacers/shackles AND perry's fenders. You could do one or the other and fit 35's.

Well everyone says i need gears 1st, before 35's,

Well we're trying to help you. :rolleyes: If you're going to move to 35's, then yes, gears should come first. Then you can do fenders or spacers/shackles, but both are not necessary.

alright

CodePoet said:
A trail rig needs to be as low as possible. If your going to go offroad...do not get a body lift, they add NOTHING except body roll, if you want to fit a bigger tire get a sazall and cut (it can still look good if you add some flares)

Agreed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff - :navajo:

16937penny_backer_bridge.jpg

thats a good Height i think, nice truck,

You dont need gears that bad, Right now i have 11 inchs of lift with 35's and 3.73 gears. Im in the process of regearing. As for four wheeling i have wheeled with alot of guys on this forum and body roll hasnt really an issue. 35's and 11 inchs is the perfect tire i think. Anything bugger would rub and anything smaller looks funny.

SVO said:
Agreed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff - :navajo:

16937penny_backer_bridge.jpg
That Najavo is Bad ASS! Keep up the good work!

This is 6" of lift with 36" tires (and they measure a true 36"). A little fender trimming is all that is needed, no F150 spacers and no expensive and fragile fibreglass fenders.

Attachments

• explorersept02.jpg
    explorersept02.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 166

Does it rub at all when on the trail? I just worry about cutting tires up, that was my main concern.

No rubbing if you trim the fenders properly and adequately. You will also need to trim the plastic inner fenders.

Attachments

• trimfront1.jpg
    trimfront1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 142
  • trimfront2.jpg
    trimfront2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 136
  • trimrear1.jpg
    trimrear1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 137

Yay for searching!!!!!

FROADER said:
So you're going to go leafs then?

Yes, Whats the total amount for this conversion?

2-4 k?

Not sure, I would say somewhere around there. I got lucky with my second explorer, it was already done. :thumbsup:

Here is the link to the build up of mine written by Felix who I bought it from. Mine's got coils though.

FROADER said:
Not sure, I would say somewhere around there. I got lucky with my second explorer, it was already done. :thumbsup:

Here is the link to the build up of mine written by Felix who I bought it from. Mine's got coils though.

Nice, i saw i think it was CHIEF'S old EB for 6k,. i would of bought that in a second, flydown everything.

thanks

Back