Another fuel line issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another fuel line issue

fridayx13th

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer
I have 94 explorer 4x4 was smelling fuel....looked under vechile noticeed tank was wet.....So where i am at now i have drop the plate and the tank as far as i could without over stretching the lines....it seems that one of the braided lines is cut or has a hole and is misting fuel......ford dealer says only make fuels line as a complete units all 3 lines and they are not available anymore i have 2 days to get it fixed.........any suggestions on fixing the existing line....or ways to replace that section also going to check to make i was correct on where the leak is was just nervous of turning vechile on while fuel spraying any and all advice welcome

Cut it through where it is damaged, insert a nipple/nipple barbed fitting and double up on the clamps. Max pressure on the line is about 35 psi, it should hold fine. (not convinced? people patch air hoses like this all the time and that's over 100 PSI).

thanks roadrunner that is an option i will definetly "explore" its raining now so i am actually going to go out and try to pinpooint location again but at least with a leak the line pressure goes down automaticlly thanks for your reply

Back