Another 'Great white North' explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 'Great white North' explorer

Dunkelzhan

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 unbadged NBX
Hey all,

I've been a reader of the forums since I became an explorer owner about 2 months ago, and I have to say, you guys have already saved me a ton of cash.:D

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to posting a pic or two, but for now I just wanted to send a "thank you" out to all of you. The helpful how-tos and advice have helped out a lot.

Keep up the great work, and keep wheelin'

My X hit 350k today, but...

This thing has been running like a tank since I acquired it. It's a '99 xl that I swear could be a California truck. Absolutely no rust underneath, but very visible rust on the body... nothing major, but visible.

But today when the odometer hit 350 000, I noticed a not-so-nice red puddle as I was leaving the house. I check the dipstick, and the ATF is just touching the end.

Sure, runs like a tank right up to the point when I was heading out to change the oil.

Although, on the bright side, there is a 'new to me' rebuilt tranny (and transfer case) sitting in the boot. Such is life I guess. A repair that I was putting off and putting off (actually reading and re-reading walk-throughs here) was just meant to come sooner than later.

Hopefully, I'll get another 350k out of 'er.

Back