Oldest and Latest Pictures of Your Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oldest and Latest Pictures of Your Explorer

Post number 2 has been selected as best answered.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I was looking through pictures and found this one. It can only be from 96-98. Oldest picture I could find of the Explorer. 4" Superrunner Superlift, 32" Geolander tires.
20181207_102408.jpg

Newest taken last week.
20200527_134505.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My progression photos, and even a video 🤪

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.JPG

11.jpg

12.JPG

full.jpg

index.jpg

Last Truckhaven Run we did..

Sadly she's been collecting dust now. Has not started in months. 😢. Bad battery, needs a fuel pump possibly, and currently non-op tags.

I did order a new fuel filter for her a couple weeks ago, so there is hope.

This must have been a few months in maybe a year, I already had a push bar, some fog lights, my Yakima rack made it over from the old wrecked VW to the BII.......BFG AT tires, and hella lights folded back on the yakima rack, hood painted flat black... I was already in love with the little BII. This must have been 1997-98?
I got this truck from my dad for $500 after I wrecked my VW golf and needed something to get to work. At that time I hated the old Ford, wanted nothing to do with it. All it took was one weekend in the mountains camping and I was in love

2893bronco.jpg

And recently after the latest round of "mods"
171_041250_000000002.jpg

Same side mirrors, same roof rack bases, same glass, otherwise......none of that is the same :)

Sometimes I forget I have 2 Explorers, lol.

It gets worse the more you have...lol

So although it wasn't mine at the time....It was here and a part of the Forum. R.J. would know how old this image is.

august06241Small.jpg

And now..

20200525_175455.jpg

Got a few more recent, will search the archives for more. Also have original video tape that came with it, but no VCR to play it on!
95.PNG

20180815_183940.jpg

Yard Duty...

IMG_20190323_163559.jpg

IMG_20190323_163606.jpg

Day or two after I bought it, just a little over 4 years ago... $200 rig with no clutch, no exhaust, locked up rear brakes

GJR3Wog.jpg

Many, many hours and thousands of dollars later it has taken me through a lot of CO, AZ, NM, UT, WY, and daily driven in SD.
m03mUhT.jpg

Resized_20200614_055016.jpeg

Pics are from 2017-2020, I've had it since 2015, I don't seem to have any pictures of it from before I built the bumper, 2" lift, 31" tires, and a whole lot of roads... or where I think a road should be. 😉

The oldest I have is this one of my mom pregnant with me in early 1997
View attachment 317313

And the newest one taken two months ago!
View attachment 317314
Your Explorer was around when you actually were just a twinkle in your father's eye...o_O

View attachment 317321

View attachment 317320
Last Truckhaven Run we did..

Sadly she's been collecting dust now. Has not started in months. 😢. Bad battery, needs a fuel pump possibly, and currently non-op tags.

I did order a new fuel filter for her a couple weeks ago, so there is hope.
Get her fixed. I have witnessed this entire transition. Remember Shaver Lake 2004 (you really should not have been on that trail)?
12287Me1-med (Large).jpg
DSCF0009.jpg

Sarah in 2004
DSCF0035.jpg

Sarah in 2018
IMG_20150221_135604724_HDR.jpg

I took a picture of the Explorer of this same spot on Swamp Lake Trail in 2004 and 2017
DSCF0047.jpg

IMG_20170827_121559268_HDR.jpg

I try not to think of it that way:oops:
Well how about this to not think about. Its entirely possible you were conceived in what is now your Explorer. Talk about a family legacy vehicle. I'm sorry dude, I couldn't help myself.

Well how about this to not think about. Its entirely possible you were conceived in what is now your Explorer. Talk about a family legacy vehicle. I'm sorry dude, I couldn't help myself.

I’m gonna have nightmares now...

Get her fixed. I have witnessed this entire transition. Remember Shaver Lake 2004 (you really should not have been on that trail)?
View attachment 317517

To think, I actually drove it from LA to Fresno, beat the crap out of it on the trail for 11+ hours. (That was a long day!) Then drove it back home, and then to work the next day. Need to do it again :p

I have even a older one. The trip I first met you and Sarah in Big Bear. This is also the trip I made my gas tank hold a gallon or two less:rolleyes:

12287truck_rock.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To think, I actually drove it from LA to Fresno, beat the crap out of it on the trail for 11+ hours. (That was a long day!) Then drove it back home, and then to work the next day. Need to do it again :p

I have even a older one. The trip I first met you and Sarah in Big Bear. This is also the trip I made my gas tank hold a gallon or two less:rolleyes:

View attachment 317530
I was looking for a picture from that trip.

Back