another heated seat problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

another heated seat problem

fnguy

Reaction score
Hi All

Can you help me out?
My passenger's seat's heating button doesn't work
when I press on it, the icon that shows the heated seat is on doesn't show up.

Is it necessarily the heating element or can it be a fuse?

and if it's a fuse, where is it located?

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All

Can you help me out?
My passenger's seat's heating button doesn't work
when I press on it, the icon that shows the heated seat is on doesn't show up.

Is it necessarily the heating element or can it be a fuse?

and if it's a fuse, where is it located?

Thank you!

in my 03 the heating element in my driver's seat was shot BUT that icon for the htd seat DID come on. The only reason I realized it didnt work was because after 20min of driving the seat wasnt warming.

Check fuses. It could also just be a bad switch.

Does that switch light up? My 2005 EB seats dont seem to be working, but the fuse is ok and the lights on the dash come on when you push the seat button.

Your seat probably has a broken element in the heating cushion. It is an easy fix but requires the seat to be removed. There was a post some time ago that walks you through the repair.

heated seat

Hi fnguy,

I found a post here about a year ago about this problem. Mine quit working after that. The heating element is under the seat cushion. It is just a very fine wire that runs through a thin cloth/fiber pad that is attached to the cushion foam. Once I got to it I could see where the wire broke. There was a dark, almost black spot where the wire broke and made a small burn spot. I used an exacto blade to carefully cut into the pad to get to the wire. The wire is positioned in an up and down fashon. This allows room for the wire to be pulled closer together and then soldered. I also used hear shrink tube at the splices to make it stronger. Then replace the cushion cover and it is ready to go back into the vehicle. You will have to remove the seat to do this so make sure that you disconnect the battery. There are a couple of wire connectors under the seat depending on what options you have. This took about an hour from start to finish. Mine now works great again.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Back