2016 Explorer XLT driver side heated seat problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer XLT driver side heated seat problem

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2016 Explorer XLT and love it and this is my first post on this site.
The issue I am having is that I noticed that when I turn on to high the driver side heated seat it barely gets warm. When I do the same on the front passenger side it gets very hot to the touch. I checked the fuse and its fine and from what I gather if the fuse my broken both front seats would not heat at all.
Anyone have had this happen to them and can direct me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Fred

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a TSB 16-0080 to replace the blower motors, due to lack of cooling and may be relevant to your issue.
If you're still under the bumper to bumper warranty, I suggest to bring it in to the dealership.

I dont have cooled seats only heated so I dont think this applies to me.

I dont have cooled seats only heated so I dont think this applies to me.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I believe these seats have a filter, Have you checked that?

EDIT: Just found this in the Owner's Manual;

Climate Controlled Seat Air Filter
Replacement

Your vehicle is equipped with lifetime air
filters that are integrated with the seats.
Regular maintenance or replacement is
not required.

Peter

thanks for the knowledge but this doesnt have an effect then

thanks for the knowledge but this doesnt have an effect then
No, it shouldn't. Just thought I'd leave the post in case someone else suggested seat filter. It was new info for me as well.:)
As 613GT500 suggested, if still under warranty take it to the dealer which you may have to do anyway unless someone comes up with a solution. I suppose it still could be the blower motor.

Peter

For Everyone's information. I brought it in to the dealership since I was able to pass it under the warranty and the issue is the heater coil under the seat was all corroded and broken.

Back