• Register Today It's free!

Another JBL question

pafixitman

Reaction score
City, State
Hanover, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Limited
I have a 96 Limited w/ JBL. I just bought a in dash unit w/ CD. I have a few questions.
If I get the correct adapter to plug into the green plug for speakers, will i be OK in that department? Also if I understand correctly, the ant. jack is on the amp and not the head unit (factory) so i need to run a cable back to connect the antenea. I also ordered a complete factory amp bypass harness, but I would like to use the factory sub. I am hoping that the "green" connector, antenea cable and running a "sub out" wire to the factory JBL sub will work. Any thoughts or words of advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gonna have to run the ant from the amp, or up from the passenger kickpanel. your choice. for the factory sub since you're getting the bypass harness, splice into the wires going into the sub amp. suggest using a 5 meter set of rca's from th ehead unit the cut the other end off and splice into the wiring at the amp which should be:

white = amp turn on
red = speaker +
black = speaker -

if it's not those then post back

Some of the bypass kits include the antenna extension. Also, wires for power antenna (if you have one). As far as the sub, you will lose the factory sub with that bypass kit. Some harnesses work with the factory amps. You might wanna ask your local shop about the factory sub. The sub has its own seperate amp (there are 2 amps).

or you can follow my post above for the sub

Thanks. I was out of town for a few days. I had hoped my bypass would be here, but it has not shipped (another story). Kelly2, I understand the RCA from my sub out to the back. Thanks.

Back