Another O/D flashing thread

MAS Tequila

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Today while running around at lunch mu O/D light started flashing.

The trans was definitely in limp mode.

I went to Advance Auto and their code reader showed no code.

I disconnected the battery to reset the PCM, and all is well.

I'm taking it to Ford Saturday morning to change the fluid and filter.

MT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't disconnect the battery. This will clear the code. I'm sure that there was a code stored but their scanner wasn't capable of reading it. Any transmission shop should have a scanner capable of reading manufacturer specific transmission codes.

Today while running around at lunch mu O/D light started flashing.

The trans was definitely in limp mode.

I went to Advance Auto and their code reader showed no code.

I disconnected the battery to reset the PCM, and all is well.

I'm taking it to Ford Saturday morning to change the fluid and filter.

MT

Almost same thing I am experiencing. OD light flashes periodically but no code. Transmission seems to be shifting just fine... no clunks, hard shifts, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have not yet tried disconn the battery to clear the OD indicator. I was also thinking about having a flush/fill done to see if that might clear things up. I'm kinda' baffled on this one.

I had the same problem. Most code readers will not read the transmission codes. I downloaded Forscan and use my laptop with an ELM-327 to read the codes and got 5 transmission codes that my Innova CAN-OBDII code reader could not pull.

This is my post on it: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415770

I just finished reading that thread. Sounds pretty cool! Are ELM-327 devices available at any retail locations? I mean other than mail order. I'd go get one tomorrow if I knew where to!!!

There are several models. Check Amazon & EBay. There's another one which is similar to it from another brand.

Anybody know if the ELM 327 is available at an actual retail location (OTHER than ebay, amazon, etc...)

Don't disconnect the battery. This will clear the code. I'm sure that there was a code stored but their scanner wasn't capable of reading it. Any transmission shop should have a scanner capable of reading manufacturer specific transmission codes.

If it happens again I'll not reset the pcm.

Since this was the first time, and I absolutely have to use the truck this morning, and driving in limp mode can cause catastrophic damage, I reset it.

It could be as simple as a momentary connection issue.

I have an ELM on order and Forscan loaded in my laptop.

So hopefully it won't happen again, at least not until the ELM comes in.

MT

Chef advance sells an actron Bluetooth scanner, but I can't say I'd recommend it as I have read reviews saying it was highly proprietary, and not compatible with any other software. It's pricey too. I am currently using a USB cable can't recall the name but it is well built with high quality Texas Instruments chips.

Chef advance sells an actron Bluetooth scanner, but I can't say I'd recommend it as I have read reviews saying it was highly proprietary, and not compatible with any other software. It's pricey too. I am currently using a USB cable can't recall the name but it is well built with high quality Texas Instruments chips.

My laptop doesn't seem to have Bluetooth so I ordered a usb unit also.

The light hasn't started flashing again, so I'm hoping it was just an electrical hiccup.

MT

Back