Pix of my truck.. finally

Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Woah wait a second. I've owned 5 explorers various years and seen a lot of others and I've never seen one with a air intake manifold that looks like that. That's not stock is it?

I think that is stock, just with the cover removed. Then again Im probably really wrong.

I was looking at that intake thinking... WTF??
Never seen that before either

It's stock, it just doesn't have the SOHC cover on top.

The air filter isn't stock I dont think. Typically it looks something like this

MM041.jpg

It's stock, it just doesn't have the SOHC cover on top.

I've never seen one that looks like that without the cover. The IAC is set in the middle instead of on the side and the throttle body sits a lot farther forward then I've ever seen.

Mine looks the same
finalassembly.jpg

thats a stock air intake with the airbox cut in half and a K and N cone airfilter matched up to it. its simple.

You got it rocket. the new iac i got wouldnt let the cover go back on. they used these manifolds till about 01 or 02 till the newer body style. Its a dual plentum i believe. And i just took the stock airbox and cut it and threw a k and n with some silicone on it for a good seal. Sounds great!! Hope you all like it.

My intake manifold looks the same too

Getting a 5.0 instead. More aftermarket support. Im gonna miss it. But that 5.0 with 105000 miles is VERY tempting for about 5200, or the eddie 5.0 for 5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back