• Register Today It's free!

Another rear differential oil ?

wellcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
I got Mobil 75W-140 gear oil synt, and I been looking in the mobile web site and it seems that they offer the same oil as Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-140 and I can find it anywere in my area.

My question is? Is thye same I allready got? The mobile oil synt I got does not have the letters LS on the container.

Can I get the friction modifier at my local auto zone or advance autoparts? If so what is the name of the product?

Thanks in advance.

JR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I m at the same point. I foregot the additive yesterday for the rear, I also have Mobil1 75w 140 I would imagine AZ has it.Thats where Im off to next.

I dunno what the differences are but I'm pretty sure the one you have already has the limited slip additive -- most synthetics these days will.

The "LS" is probably some marketing stunt!

if it chatters around corners go to ford and buy some additive, add maybe half the bottle, remember to suck out some old fluid first. Or open the fill hole and jack the front up, then lower it and jack the back up to drain some.

I forget where the fill hole is if its in the back or front, if its in the front do the opposite :D

Back