Anti theft light flashing no start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anti theft light flashing no start

Anything airbag related I disconnect the battery

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

personally i would unplug and wait ~15 mins... dunno if its actually necessary, but never hurts to be safe!

also, not sure if this is of value to you, but ill leave this here Solved - Everything you wanted to know about PATS.
That does give some extra info. I knew I had code 1:6 but didn’t fully know what it meant. Now I know what the eecv, transceiver etc is. I just tried to connect my dumber scanner to it and when I turned the key the car alarm turned on. Whenever the battery is connected it goes off now. This is with both keys and the fobs do nothing.

Unless the voltage is really low, and something is confused, I don’t think a stock system will sound the alarm, especially when just reconnecting the battery. This sounds like it might have one of those dealer add on alarms that can be problematic.

If so, there’s probably a valet button somewhere under the dash.

Unless the voltage is really low, and something is confused, I don’t think a stock system will sound the alarm, especially when just reconnecting the battery. This sounds like it might have one of those dealer add on alarms that can be problematic.
Wouldn’t be suprised if it’s confused, voltage isn’t low because it cranks. Would a dealer installed alarm show up on the window sticker? I found it in the back while cleaning it

Wouldn’t be suprised if it’s confused, voltage isn’t low because it cranks. Would a dealer installed alarm show up on the window sticker? I found it in the back while cleaning it
Ok I think I’m getting closer to figuring this out. I found an aftermarket anti theft module and found it’s reset button. I reset it which worked. I then disconnected and pulled out it’s box. The anti theft light is still blinking and giving code 1:6. Still has no spark aswell, tested the coil and put a new one on. I read on another thread fuse 19 is to the coil which is getting 12v

Ok I think I’m getting closer to figuring this out. I found an aftermarket anti theft module and found it’s reset button. I reset it which worked. I then disconnected and pulled out it’s box. The anti theft light is still blinking and giving code 1:6. Still has no spark aswell, tested the coil and put a new one on. I read on another thread fuse 19 is to the coil which is getting 12v
Shouldn’t effect the spark, just the fuel.

Also, I believe it is the aftermarket alarm box that’s typically cuts the fuel.

Why not cut all of that scrap out ?

The receiver is. The actual computer is behind the dash, I believe. Only way to drain it without the pump, is to pull the filler tube off the tank and siphon it.
This PATS computer is behind the glovebox ,radio area. I have had the same issue. My brother downloaded the information about the pats from ford i believe. it says where and what it does. there is also a computer for pats under the inner wheel cover ,driver side. But for no starts is behind the dash. He took the computer out ,opened it up, and was able to find a hairline crack in the crappy solder job they use.. Resoldered and works great now. the download goes through trouble shooting the pats and it is 43 pages long that he printed out.

Back