Any good offroad wheels? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any good offroad wheels?

If you want a site to look at different rims and tires you can go to tirerack.com and they will let you choose your vehicle so you can see what the rims will look like on the truck. Americann racing rims are really nice and some are not to expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, it's functional. It's off a 78 series landcruiser, and I followed the instructions to get it to attach to the guard etc; only modification required was to angle it back to the explorer windscreen angle. Cost me less than half a new one though, and no-one makes one for an explorer.
I have been thinking about adding the loovered vents off of a first gen. Bronco (which mount on top of the hood) and routing my intake through that. For water to get in the intake, I would have to be submurged below the top of the hood (which I don't see hapening).

hey guys another noob here. i was goofing off looking at pics of lifted explorers on google and i came across this thread. i have a 02 explorer 4dr 2wd. since its a 2wd i dont wanna go crazy but i would like to get some more ground clearnce cause i love driving off road. any ideas or advice? thanks

How about factory wheels painted black?
Snorkel_Fitted_Modified_3.jpg

how did or what did you cover the hole from when you take out the hubcap, because mines dont have the ford emblem, there is just a hole there. thanks.

How about factory wheels painted black?
Snorkel_Fitted_Modified_3.jpg

Could you post some pictures of the snorkel install? I'd like to see how it goes together before I start chopping away..... Thanks!

Could you post some pictures of the snorkel install? I'd like to see how it goes together before I start chopping away..... Thanks!

Sorry - they were all on an old PC and I lost them years ago. It's all about measure once, cut twice.....

Back