Any luck selling on forum or ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any luck selling on forum or ?

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
Has anyone ever posted anything on this forum in the for sale section and had any luck selling it or is it better to use ebay or craigslist? I need to get rid of a full set of black weathertechs and a White Platinum sharkfin but I noticed that you must also be an Elite Explorer to post items for sale, so I'm not sure where I might get the best response. Pay for Elite to sale here or pay ebay or try for free on craigslist.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone ever posted anything on this forum in the for sale section and had any luck selling it or is it better to use ebay or craigslist? I need to get rid of a full set of black weathertechs and a White Platinum sharkfin but I noticed that you must also be an Elite Explorer to post items for sale, so I'm not sure where I might get the best response. Pay for Elite to sale here or pay ebay or try for free on craigslist.

Well it is free on ebay to "try" to sell. You only pay if someone buys it. I wasnt aware you nad to buy the membership to sell.. kind of crappy. This is the 1st forum Ive been a member of that requires you to pay.

Id go craigslist and ebay first since it is free to post.

There are several advantages to being an elite member ranging from supporting a site for a few bucks a year that typically saves members hundreds if not thousands in resources, to gaining membership benefits. We are a tight knit group here, reserving the for sale section for elite members was a decision made after a few members were taken advantage of by a bad seller. When someone is elite, they provide their legit paypal info to sign up.

Please consider being elite or at least understand the reasoning behind our policy of needing to be elite to sell here.

Define luck.. I think I've bought more things than I've sold on here.. but I have sold my share on here. I've had a few things that wouldn't sell but it was more a shipping issue (too big/heavy)

If you have an explorer specific part then this is the place to try to unload it. Not just because there are well over 200k members on it and there are normally 3000+ people on the site at one time but because its a community.

The explorer community has been very inclusive for the past 15+ years. By that I mean people with different generation explorers and other Ranger based vehicles, help each other out when they can. Sometimes its just to say "good job" and to give encouragement. I like to follow along with modifications, even if they don't pertain to me. That means I leave the forums specific to my vehicle and use the "new posts" button to read through all kinds of different posts. I no longer read every message (way too many) but I still read my fair share.

So, by all means, try craigslist for local buyers and ebay works too as long as you can eat the cost of the sale (ebay fee) but if you feel your part of the community you should try selling it on the forum.

That same sense of community is why many people have become elite members (or even moderators) but have never sold a single item. It isn't like Explorerforum is a mony maker, its a hobby run by an enthusiest and supported by other enthusiests. To us, an explorer isn't just a utility vehicle that we have no attachment to.. its a lifestyle.

~Mark

ITT: My stuff is for sale but not in the For Sale forum...

First you must ask if this site has helped you to the tune of 20.00? If it even saved you an hour of research, then the answer has to be yes. Someone has to spend a lot of time and money to run this thing.

That being said, if you are selling explorer specific parts, then this would be the target group. I have bought several things from other members here, and sold about as many, if not more.

However, if you do not think the site is worth supporting, then by all means look elsewhere.

Oh, the site is faster for elite members also. No ads to load. You can also edit your threads, and, directly add pictures.

Well it is free on ebay to "try" to sell. You only pay if someone buys it. I wasnt aware you nad to buy the membership to sell.. kind of crappy. This is the 1st forum Ive been a member of that requires you to pay.

Id go craigslist and ebay first since it is free to post.

And then check the feedback section of those "other forums", which will be filled with rip offs and anger.
Now look at our feedback section. Oh, and those other sites charge huge fees to their vendors BTW. Here it is 100.00 per year.
600 per quarter plus a percentage is the norm on any other "good" forum.

You should check the "whole picture"

Back