• Register Today It's free!

Any trail rides in PA

ExplorerOfDaMud

Reaction score
City, State
Kittanning, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer XLT
Hey is there any trail rides in pa anywhere or anywhere around pa like ohio, virginia.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Plenty of wheelin in eastern PA, Paragon Adventure park and Rausch Creek are 2 popular places. ECX does runs about once a month they got thier own subforum on here you can check out.

Depends where in PA. I go to Wellsville in eastern Ohio a couple times a year, it's just over the border, but I live real in western PA not far away. There's a big off-road park there just off either Rt. 39 or Rt. 7.

hey johnnyO where about in the burgh do you live i live about 30 mins from the burgh

Technically I live in Rochester but nobody's ever heard of it, so usually I just say Pittsburgh.

i know where you live my buddy used to live down there

Check out this thread.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130035

Its less than a 4 hour drive out there and its a blast.

I'll most likely be going, so if you want to follow me out, your more than welcome. But they're planning on hitting trails that will be to difficult for a stock Explorer.

what all do i need to do to be able to make it you think todd i got some diggers on for tires right now im goin to get the 4x4 hub today its sat. the 12th i think i might just go get it right now so i can go ride around my house test it out a lil bit but i dont wanta do any hardcore trails till i get the manual Warn Hubs in it i got the stock ford auto hubs they rip out to easy i hear

I'm not sure what all you'll need :p I'm not really into offroading that much! Heh, I'm going to pick up my 18s tomorrow :p. If you talk to Blee he'll enlighten you to what all you'll need.

all you need is a front tow point. A CB radio would be good to but not necessary. I would recommend one though so you can communicate with the rest of the group.

lol what so someone can pull me out lol how bad are the trails that your goin to and is there any like beginer trails i can go to to try my rig out to see how it does cause iv never taken it on a long ride like on troy hill iv done some trails to see how it rides thats bout it so far iv taken other trucks and stuff offroad so im not a beginner at offroading id like to just take mine out sometime somewhere on a trail that i can test it on witch is probly smart to do

There are plenty of green bypasses on the trails for you to take if needed..

and for the tow point what should i use i was gonna install some hooks on the front for towing is that what your talking about

Yeah go with some form of hooks or D-rings that are frame mounted.

is there anywhere that theres a list of the trials around so i can find some close to me?

JohnnyO said:
Technically I live in Rochester but nobody's ever heard of it, so usually I just say Pittsburgh.
I've heard of rochester, I'm about ten minutes away i live in brighton township. Actually i use to live there, i lived on webster street, I also lived in Rochester twp when i was younger

There are some trails in Connlesville, PA.. Not sure how close that is to you but I believe they are privately owned. Best thing to do is look on the some of the other forums in PA. There are a bunch out there. Just to name a few off the top of my head. Keystone Krawlers and the Blue Mountain Jeeps Association

im not to far from there thanks

Like JonnyO said, Yellow Creek(wellsville) is a great place to go and have some fun. I'm from a town just south of Steubenville Ohio and I've been up that way a few times. The places I went to there's really no marked trails, just go and have some fun. :D

Man I wish my tranny didn't suck, I could use some trails right now. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol my rigs down for awhile as too trails i gotta get some things fixed on it like the 4x4 and the gas gauge, back hatch, front bumper, along with some other things

Back