anybody find a use for that wierd holder in the center console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anybody find a use for that wierd holder in the center console?

Mustangman66

Reaction score
City, State
Tolland CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 4dr Explorer, v6
yeah so has anyone ever successfully used that holder in the lid of the center console of the 3rd gens? its been in both my 2003 xlt and 2003xls, as well as in the eddie, i think...

it doesnt hold CD's or cd cases, or anything for that matter... what does everyone else use their center console for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine holds a couple of gaskets for my throttle body that I dont know will fit and a throttle body spacer kit that I never hooked up.

I used to hold a small notepad to record mileage in there.

Can be used to hold an iPod if you run the cable down the center console to the lid. I use it to hold my work ID and extra air fresheners lol

yeah so has anyone ever successfully used that holder in the lid of the center console of the 3rd gens? its been in both my 2003 xlt and 2003xls, as well as in the eddie, i think...

it doesnt hold CD's or cd cases, or anything for that matter... what does everyone else use their center console for?

The true use for this holder is to hold is for maps. If you put a foldable map in there, you'll find it is the perfect width for a map. I use mine to hold kleenex.

It is actually for kleenex. There are several threads about it. I think it's the kleenex minis that fit but finding them is a project in itself.

It is actually for kleenex. There are several threads about it. I think it's the kleenex minis that fit but finding them is a project in itself.

Hmm...I guess whatever use you want is the proper use. I find a map fits well in these, especially on a Road Trip :cool:
The pocket kleenex works well; thats what I have in there.

Hmm...I guess whatever use you want is the proper use. I find a map fits well in these, especially on a Road Trip :cool:
The pocket kleenex works well; thats what I have in there.

Yeah, I don't even use it. :rolleyes:

Sanitary or regular? :D

Anybody ever straight up remove it?

im working on a few other things such as a locking glovebox for undet $6, how to to come soon...

also using the overhead compartment that really dosent hold anything int a gigantic button you can press to turn on interior lights with...

I find it a perfect fit for the x..-Large trojan 6 pack boxes.

Mine holds gum

Box of marlboro reds

The proper use, years ago was for kleenex. They partnered with Ford to make a special box that fit there. I dont know if they still make them though. I havent seen one in years.

this thread has some wonderful responses...my mom's 2003 Limited doesn't have this all-purpose holder for some reason.

I went and got a pack of Kleenex Juniors for under a buck today and they fit perfectly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the FREE Kleenex mini box sent from their website.

Back