anybody find a use for that wierd holder in the center console? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anybody find a use for that wierd holder in the center console?

I found a small first aid kit that fits in the clip perfectly, having 2 kids you never know when you will need some gauze or band-aids

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kleenex, the small box you find at the cash registers at Walmart

Mine fits dvd cases from family video perfect, haven't tried regular cases but i bet it's the same, but for the most time it hold my hot wheels(long story)

When not in use...my GPS fits nicely in there too.

i stuff a pack of tree air freshners, unopened.

also, my center console lid cracked. the outer, color/textured layer did not, but the black plastic where the Kleenex holder is molded into, cracked. this makes it awkward to lean on the center console, because my arm kind of sinks in.

i want to fix this problem because eventually it will wear into the outer layer and destroy that. anyone know if this piece of plastic thats on the underside of the lid detaches? i'm not near my truck right now but i figured i'd ask :)

ive repaired the outer skin on a 98 and they all seem basicly the sam, so take off all the screws ands then the hindge and it should pop off, ford made it wider, but they had no reason to totally modify how it attaches

Seatbelt cutter.

i stuff a pack of tree air freshners, unopened.

also, my center console lid cracked. the outer, color/textured layer did not, but the black plastic where the Kleenex holder is molded into, cracked. this makes it awkward to lean on the center console, because my arm kind of sinks in.

i want to fix this problem because eventually it will wear into the outer layer and destroy that. anyone know if this piece of plastic thats on the underside of the lid detaches? i'm not near my truck right now but i figured i'd ask :)

Ours had the same crack, I had repaired it with crazy glue but it still didn't feel right to me so I found an entire center console in a yard for $40

New cover and spare center console for $40 made sense to me

Back