Anybody lower a non-sport model lately? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody lower a non-sport model lately?

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Ive seen several post of the EX sport models being lowered but i havent seen too many ppl lowering the XLT, Limited, or Base models. Can anyone advise if they have lowered the said models with FLex or Explorer springs?

Here's mine on H&Rs. 2011 XLT 4WD. I still think something is off with it, just not sure what it is or how to every begin figuring it out.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412992

i've commented on it before- its really weird how high it is on the rear- i wonder if the sports have completely different suspension which is why they look more dropped- i know there is a guy named MAPUBA that dropped his limited on HR FLEX Springs and it looks slammed- From what i hear the FLEX and SPORT springs are very similiar in height distribution- its supposed to sit like an inch or inch and a half off the fender. So im confused by it- I will soon find out because i have a 2014 XLT on 22's that im dropping next week and ill post pics to see if i run into the same issue.

i've commented on it before- its really weird how high it is on the rear- i wonder if the sports have completely different suspension which is why they look more dropped- i know there is a guy named MAPUBA that dropped his limited on HR FLEX Springs and it looks slammed- From what i hear the FLEX and SPORT springs are very similiar in height distribution- its supposed to sit like an inch or inch and a half off the fender. So im confused by it- I will soon find out because i have a 2014 XLT on 22's that im dropping next week and ill post pics to see if i run into the same issue.

Please do. I've got 22's sitting in the basement that I'm waiting until Spring to put on. Not going to ruin the chrome with WV winters. I still something is fubar'd with the install or the springs are bad, one of the two.

Back