• Register Today It's free!

Anybody seen THIS before???

SWISSexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Basel, Switzerland, Europe
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 94, Euro Edition
Has anybody of you seen this grillguard before?
Seems that is is ford branded. If you look closely there is a ford emblem on it.
I asked the guy who owns this rig but he dosnt know either because he bought the truck like that.

Any idea anyone?

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Special European Ford option?

Dunno, never seen it. Didn't notice one when I was over there traveling either.

Haven't seen that but Ford did offer something similar in '95 as an option on the explorer "expedition".

I'm strangely drawn to it though... Wow. I wonder if you can buy them somewhere.... That would be cool... Let us know if you find anything else SWISS.

wierd

i think alec is probably right. it's most likely only in europe. and since explorers aren't too common there, that makes it even more rare. i really like the way it looks. i even like the euro explorers (except for the sealed beam headlights).

Don't know what it is. But I like it

Well come on all with the power of the internet and shear numbers we should be able to find out where this grill guard comes from!!

I have been looking for one, but just couldn't find one that I liked and now I have, and a picture of it to boot!!

Would it be possible to have someone fabricate this if enough are interested in it?

Sweet looking! Wouldn't mind getting one if we knew where to get one. Drove to Germany last week and was behind a Euro Explorer for more than 2 hours until he pulled off the Autobahn. That was the only Euro Ex I've seen while I was there, yep they are pretty rare over here.

hey jason, what did the explorer expedition's grill gaurd look like? was it simaler to thet streamlined one thats an option on the newer grand cherokees? (that one looks like a cross between bush gard and wing)

Swiss, do you have a bigger version of the pic? it looks like it says somthing between the fogs on the gaurd.

I'd say its aftermarrket. The truck has aftermarket rimms and front fender flares. I could be wrong though. It deffinatly looks great.

Is that a semi-standard X? I dig eveything about it. I like the running boards with only step for rear. And the wheels appear deep dish. And that grill guard is the best "cosmetic" grill guard I have seen.

It looks as if it says Explorer between the fog lights

I've seen them here on some Trucks/SUV's called GalloperII's. They also have a 3rd mirror kind of small fits on the right front fender, guess its for blind spots it's kind of cool I'll get some pics. I'll do a little more digging around here.

looks kind of like the 2001 sports front ends dontcha think? I dunno if I like it or not, but yes, it definatley has a euro look to it.

Grill Guard

There were some like that on ebay around 20 or so months ago. I thought about getting one at that time, but an accident set me back. I think that they were being sold out of St. Joseph, MI. I don't know if they are made there, but there is an aftermarket place there that sells them. I think they were around $400 on ebay, probably much more retail.

Back