Anyone have pics of 2nd gen without step bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have pics of 2nd gen without step bars

evoq007

Reaction score
City, State
Boxford, MA(Home); Rochester, NY(School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Sport
Hey, im thinkin about takin my stepbars off my 96 sport, anyone got before and after photos, or just reg photos. i would love to see before i get to work...
thanks a bunch guys

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

An old pic:

2235splat3.jpg

Before:

Attachments

• mvc-212s.jpg
    mvc-212s.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 543

After

Attachments

• mvc-613xsmall.jpg
    mvc-613xsmall.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 563

Slightly better one, still a few slight differences:D

Attachments

• mvc-232xsmall.jpg
    mvc-232xsmall.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 521

wow, looks good...im sold...ah the joys of having a new project this weekend

Scott

Originally posted by Hokie
This 'weekend' project took me 30 min ;)

Unless your bolts are rusted and have to be cut off;) But it makes the truck look higher. It looks a lot better if you paint where the front of the rear leafs attach and the Tosion bars mount. Just looks better that way IMO.

Todd's right. The rig will look taller without the running boards or nerf bars. Here's my Eddie Bauer without running boards:

DSC01281.JPG

Mine (green) and my girlfriend's neighbor's (red). His has running boards and mine doesn't. Did I mention that he got some mud crawlers??

Before:
after.jpg

After:
nonerf.jpg

Originally posted by evoq007
wow, looks good...im sold...ah the joys of having a new project this weekend

interested in selling them? I'm right here in Northern MA and I could pick them up. I wonder if/how they would bolt up to a 4 door and look? do they attach to the pinch weld or to the frame? Im just looking for a little protection and something to make it a little easier for people to get into my front seat. Might look kinda goofy though. maybe ill try some photoshopping and see first.

hey nick26

ya there for sale if u want em....but i dont know how they will look on a 4 door....they are black and are starting to get some rust bubbles.......pm me

Scott

Back