Anyone Interested In Custom Exhaust? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Interested In Custom Exhaust?

I just had my muffler guy remove the 3rd Cat Converter and install a single Cherry Bomb in my 2002-V8 Eddie Bauer last month (there isn't enough room for dual exhausts).

It sounds EXCELLENT.

I had my oil changed yesterday and two different guys asked what I did to make it sound so good...

I'm thinking of getting the flowmaster super 40 muffler on mine. Does it drone out at higher RPMs while driving?

There is some noticeable drone, but it's not overwhelming. I mainly noticed mine at high rpms running less than 30mph.

I also have a dual exhaust, so that's something to consider. Your setup might be quieter.

I personally think it sounds great, and even though I did this about 2 years ago, I still enjoy the tone when running at high rpms.

(Sorry for not replying to you sooner, I didn't see your post. Next time just quote me or alternatively you can PM me.)

I just had my muffler guy remove the 3rd Cat Converter and install a single Cherry Bomb in my 2002-V8 Eddie Bauer last month (there isn't enough room for dual exhausts).

It sounds EXCELLENT.

I had my oil changed yesterday and two different guys asked what I did to make it sound so good...

It will certainly get looks if it's got the right sound.

I've had several people tell me that I couldn't get a dual exhaust setup on mine as well, but I did. You just have to do a little custom bending, but it's very do-able.

I ran into problems on the passenger side because of the gas tank. To get around that you can simply go under your axle and back up.

I know you're thinking that you'll bottom out your pipe, and you'll scrape it alot, but mine is still in pristine condition after 2 years. I take mine off-road too every now and then, and I've never hit it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks WA7SON.

For anyone considering an exhaust upgrade, I would recommend it. Out of all the things I've done to upgrade my 2002 Eddie since I bought it three months ago (bigger tires, bull bar, KC lights, cargo rack, etc., the sound is what really sets it apart. You couldn't even hear the engine run before, but now it turns heads with a deep beefy sound.

Just get it done already!

Back