Anyone know the part name/number for the part that secures the full size spare in the PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know the part name/number for the part that secures the full size spare in the PIU

Chickensandwich

Reaction score
City, State
Madison
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Police Utility
As the title says, I need to find on of these since my spare isn’t secured and bumps and bangs all over when I drive.

From what I understand the spare in the PIU is in a different spot than the standard Explorer? Anyway, I’m trying to find one of these but don’t have a part number or name for it. It’s the the part that screws down to secure the tire in place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven’t because I don’t know what to actually search for. Like, tire screwy thingy?
Is this it?
1621033388758.png

Could be. Does that screw in to the threaded stud in the trunk to secure the tire? It looks like it could be it
That I'm not should about but seeing as it is a retainer, it must screw onto something. I eventually found it looking at the "rear floor pan" and going from there. I didn't know the name either.

Peter

That I'm not should about but seeing as it is a retainer, it must screw onto something. I eventually found it looking at the "rear floor pan" and going from there. I didn't know the name either.

Peter
I wasn’t sure if it was different from the standard Explorer either. My dealership has been less than helpful in identifying parts too. Thanks!

I wasn’t sure if it was different from the standard Explorer either. My dealership has been less than helpful in identifying parts too. Thanks!
I selected the 2018 PIU when doing my searching/

Back