Anyone know what plug this is for? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know what plug this is for?

cello6996

Reaction score
City, State
Taylor, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94,2006 Explorer XLT 4WD
It's on a 94 Ex between fuse box and blower motor. Looks as if it's been shorted Or is it made that way? Any help would be GREAT. Love all the posts and useful info on your site. Its been a great help since I am not that much up on all the many sensors in newer cars and trucks. IMG_2532 I guess I can not post pic in this will put in my profile pics. Thank you all for helping EVERYONE cello6996

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't really tell with that tiny picture, but it looks like the Octane Adjust plug.

If you want, upload the picture to Imageshack, then copy & paste the "Forum Code" here and it'll give a larger picture.

The Octane Adjust (OCT ADJ) shorting bar (Figure 25) is used to retard spark timing. Removal of the shorting bar from the in-line connector will typically retard spark three degrees. The purpose of the OCT ADJ self-test is to check the state of the OCT ADJ shorting bar. A Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be present if the shorting bar is removed or if there is an open circuit. The OCT ADJ shorting bar is similar in shape to the SPOUT in-line connector. On some applications the PSP circuit will also have a similar shorting bar connector. DO NOT remove the shorting bar unless directed by a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB).

I have been getting 341 KOEO code. I have been having an intermittent problem that it will not run at times and really bad gas millage as well as a sort of sweet or plastic type smell. I am going to get a fuel injector kit to test pump. Harbor Freight has master set on sale for $99 and on Memorial day you can get an extra 25% off so anyone else thinking about it money well spent in my book as one can never have enough tools them car engineers seem to like to make sure of that. Any other Ideas? I did find a few other things that thanks to this site I have already fixed. And I did re post the pic her is the link. As I believe it looks like it was grounded out or something on the one side.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, that's where the Octane Adjust shorting bar goes. DTC 341 is just telling you that the bar isn't inserted. The absence of that bar isn't going to cause the engine not to start though.

Thank you so much Iron Weasel and Roadrunner777 You guys are the best. Have a great holiday weekend!

Back