5.0 Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Build

She looks good for her age, must have been garage kept.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_0205.jpg

Got the new headlights and grille in today.

If anyone still cares about this...
I got the viper remote start installed and the front windows tinted.
The Mac 3" catback exhaust and cold air intake came in today so that is next on the list to get installed.

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

Here are a few pictures with the lift and the cold air intake.
I was also able to get it buffed and waxed yesterday so its all nice and shiny.

And of corse today on my way to work in the rain I discovered that the sunroof leaked. So i decided to pull the headliner and luckily i did find out the the hose out the back of the sunroof was pinched right as it went down the C pillar. I am guessing by the stains on back of the headliner, that it has been that way since it left the factory, also because when the truck would lean forward it would all drain out the front.
here is a picture:

So I'm going to find me a hose now. I am just happy to have found the issue before it got worse and really started to stain the headliner.

Luckily I can pull the hose out of my old one and fix that leak.
I am still trying to decide on a tune for it though.

Looks nice man. I need to start adding some mods!

Thanks and what mods would you suggest, my friend, knowing I already have an cold air and cat back exhaust??

Well just to be clear, I said I need to start modding, but if you're looking for suggestions it all depends on the route you want to go with your truck. For more speed I'd look for Torque Monster headers and/or an SCT tuner. Are you planning on leaving the body pretty much stock? (Keeping fender flares on, stock bumpers etc...?)

Yes Body is going to stay stock.

I tried going after the headers and it seems like they are impossible to find. So I am going back and forth about them anyway because of the money and that is my daily driver. But I almost hear like the stock ones are starting to leak a little. I dont know.

Any who I got the 5.0 emblems on the fenders, Led lights in the front bumper, LEDs in the puddle lamps, reverse lights and license plate lights.
Soon to have an led bar on the back, and going to remove the rear cats and see how that is.

Here are some pics of the latest:
LED light bar on the back
LED license plate lights
Whelen LED lights in the front bumper
5.0 emblems on the side.

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

image_9.jpg

Here is a list of everything I have done and want to do still in case anyone has a comment on it since I have now put almost 3,000 miles since I have gotten it.

What I have done:

Slight Torsion twist in front
Added a Leaf in the back
31" BfGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A Tires
Mac Cold Air Intake
Mac Catback exhaust - dual 2.5" in single 3" out
Whelen Nano6 lights in front bumper
Silverstar headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs
Anzo USA Chrome headlight assembly - PASS side already has moisture but amazon is replacing them.
Swapped 4 different sunroof assemblies because of leaking issues before settling on the one from my old truck
Plasmaglow Led light bar on the back
LED lights in the puddle lamps, license plate lights, and reverse lights
Ipod interface module for the radio
Swapped heated seats from my old truck
Mustang 5.0 emblems
DOT4 brake fluid

What I still want to do which is more so little maintenance stuff

Front brakes
Fuel Filter
Spark plugs
Delete Rear Cats
Rear trailing arms
Front Door Weather seals

Feel free to comment or ask any questions or give me any other suggestions

I got everything else done that I wanted to get done to it finally. I do have to say though with the cats out and cat back exhaust it really sounds good and healthy with a nice rumble. I can try and get a video up if you want it.

Accarguy,

Seems like you have had the Anzo replacements for a while.

Any issues?

I was thinking about getting a set but have read some conflicting reviews on Amazon.

Anyone find anything better?

Holy mother of god that truck is clean. I've wanted one of those since the day they came out. One of these days I hope to find one exactly like what you have. I'll have to find one out west and have it shipped. But that option/color combo is :thumbsup:

[MENTION=266592]Accarguy[/MENTION] Where did you purchase the Mac Exhaust and the Mac intake. Can you post a day time picture of how the exhaust tip looks? Thoughts on how it sounds?

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back