Anyone know when 2018 Ford Explorer will be released? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know when 2018 Ford Explorer will be released?

If I were to guess when it will be released, I would say somewhere around September.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I were to guess when it will be released, I would say somewhere around September.
See my post #13. To expand on that, production is currently slated to begin October 16th.

Peter

See my post #13. To expand on that, production is currently slated to begin October 16th.

Peter

You are correct, I just ordered a 2017. My dealer checked they said that 2018's would not be started until after September this year.

You are correct, I just ordered a 2017. My dealer checked they said that 2018's would not be started until after September this year.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

So I opted not to wait for the '18.....signed papers yesterday and picking up my '17 Sport this Wednesday. Went with Ruby Red, 401A package, Rear Bucket Seats, Moonroof and Advanced Collision ( only got this option cause this is what the dealer had in stock. No one else had Rear Bucket Seats). Will post pictures but I'm sure you all know what it looks like at this point ;)
Is the remote start range on the Sport any better than the one on my '15 XLT?

So I opted not to wait for the '18.....signed papers yesterday and picking up my '17 Sport this Wednesday. Went with Ruby Red, 401A package, Rear Bucket Seats, Moonroof and Advanced Collision ( only got this option cause this is what the dealer had in stock. No one else had Rear Bucket Seats). Will post pictures but I'm sure you all know what it looks like at this point ;)
Is the remote start range on the Sport any better than the one on my '15 XLT?
Congratulations on the new purchase. I haven't heard anything about improved remote start range. I believe I've read that one member was able to start his from about 300'. I was able to start my 2011 from around that distance as well. Haven't tried my 2017 as I don't really have a need to start it from such a distance. Don't forget to update your profile.:)

Peter

This late in the year and given all the changes to the 2018 I would have waited but each to their own.......I love my 17 Sport, just wish I had the updates the 18 has.

What in particular do you like in the 18 vs the 17? I really don't like the way the quad exhaust looks...I'm not in the car long enough to utilize the 4G option...just curious is all!!!

What in particular do you like in the 18 vs the 17? I really don't like the way the quad exhaust looks...I'm not in the car long enough to utilize the 4G option...just curious is all!!!

I agree with you on the exhaust I much prefer the 16/17 exhaust integrated into the rear fascia.

I'm big on the 4G and as well the newer safety features.

The front clip changes are subtle but I like them over the 16/17.

The other things are new color choices, new wheel choices, I'm not a fan of my current 17 Sport wheels. I liked the 13-15MY black painted pocket wheels over the current gray painted pockets. Why they market the Sport with a "blackout" package and then change the wheels to gray confuses me.

Your right its not enough to trade up but if I was starting new I would choose the 18 over the 17.

I agree with you on the exhaust I much prefer the 16/17 exhaust integrated into the rear fascia.

I'm big on the 4G and as well the newer safety features.

The front clip changes are subtle but I like them over the 16/17.

The other things are new color choices, new wheel choices, I'm not a fan of my current 17 Sport wheels. I liked the 13-15MY black painted pocket wheels over the current gray painted pockets. Why they market the Sport with a "blackout" package and then change the wheels to gray confuses me.

Your right its not enough to trade up but if I was starting new I would choose the 18 over the 17.
I am so glad I waited. I look forward to getting this '18 beast in October when they debut.
The issue with the exhaust doesn't sway me one way or the other.
4G? meh. Not a deciding factor.
I am waiting to see what those colors and new wheels actually look like.

You can order one now. According to the schedule initial orders opened on the 18th. You likely won't see then in the showrooms until mid to late November since production doesn't start until October 16th. Hopefully someone will have the Order Guide available before then.

Peter

You can order one now. According to the schedule initial orders opened on the 18th. You likely won't see then in the showrooms until mid to late November since production doesn't start until October 16th. Hopefully someone will have the Order Guide available before then.

Peter
Can't order what I can't see.

Can't order what I can't see.
I did with my 2011 Limited in December 2010 because they weren't out yet. Only saw pictures. Had absolutely no regrets.:)
In a way I also got my current Platinum 'sight unseen' except for pictures. It was a sort of last minute thing and the only one in the colour (White Gold) I wanted was at another dealer in the city and my dealer brought it in for me. Again, no regrets. That colour was new for 2017.

Peter

I did with my 2011 Limited in December 2010 because they weren't out yet. Only saw pictures. Had absolutely no regrets.:)
In a way I also got my current Platinum 'sight unseen' except for pictures. It was a sort of last minute thing and the only one in the colour (White Gold) I wanted was at another dealer in the city and my dealer brought it in for me. Again, no regrets. That colour was new for 2017.

Peter

I am really waiting on the colors before I make my decision. (Sigh...I wish they offered different colored interiors!)

Dealers are taking order on 2018 Explorers

Dealers are taking order on 2018 Explorers
Looks like the order acceptance date was delayed from initial date. The Ford schedule now shows Orders Accepted 08/04/17, Order Scheduling 08/31/17 and Production Start 10/16/17.

Peter

Looks like the order acceptance date was delayed from initial date. The Ford schedule now shows Orders Accepted 08/04/17, Order Scheduling 08/31/17 and Production Start 10/16/17.

Peter
Where did you pull that information from?

Back