Anyone looking to upgrade to factory Homelink? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone looking to upgrade to factory Homelink?

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I was just surfing E-bay and found numerous overhead consoles listed with factory Homelink. I did the swap and it was plug and play on my truck. I have purchased from this buyer numerous times and have had very good experiences with them.

I'm going to try to attach a link for one of them....which is something I've never done before. If the one in the link I attach won't work for you just do a search in their store for " Explorer overhead console". If the link itself doesn't work the seller name is "lkqonline" then just do a search for "Explorer overhead consoles".

http://cgi.ebay.com/02-Ford-Explore...34.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30

They really are easy to put in, the ones that are in the visors are quite easy to do, you just tap into the visor light wire. I put one in my '99 SHO last fall... I took the Homelink module out of the visor and sunk it behind the headliner. Looks and works awesome! If anyone wants one, I think I have 3-4 of them on the shelf, I was going to sell them at some point. They're not the console units, just the keypad ones that are built into the visors.

LKQ is our now nationwide pick 'n pull. They like to pull anything of value and sell themselves, and leave us the scraps... :)

I did this too... one of the best and easiest things Ive done with the explorer... no more craftsman opener clipped to the visor...(its now in my Buick)

Back