appLink upgrade coming this year... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

appLink upgrade coming this year...

VandyCWG

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Needless to say, this was a surprise to read in my RSS reader. A nice surprise, but a surprise none the less.

Ford certainly isn't waiting until hoards of tech journos land in the Nevada desert to start breaking its CES news. The auto maker will offer SYNC AppLink as a free upgrade this year to owners of 2010 and newer vehicles. The system allows drivers (and their passengers) to use iOS and Android apps like Spotify, NPR, TuneIn and many more via voice control, keeping more attention on the highway. Ford's in-car tech is currently installed in over one million vehicles already on the road and those offered the update will add another 3.4 million to that tally. Unfortunately, the company didn't offer a detailed list of eligible autos, leaving owners in suspense until SYNC AppLink download arrives in the coming months.

LINK: http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/03/ford-to-offer-free-sync-applink-update/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still nothing for those of us with My Ford Touch.

"Currently, Sync AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch, Ford's infotainment system. A Ford spokesperson confirmed to CNET that the upgrade would still not be compatible with MyFord Touch-equipped cars."

Edit: whoops...didn't see you already posted this.

I hate it when my sarcastic initial response is proven correct. :( No love for MFT....

Someone needs to jailbreak MFT :hammer:

Back