Apten Chip just arrived... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Apten Chip just arrived...

Ah cool. I was wondering if I could get in there better? I wish I would have know that before! ;)

Thanks Brian, you da man.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The biggest problem Ive had with my X is with the tranny shifting. Around 45mph, OD would kick in. It felt like crap when it would shift.

Ok, after a short road trip on Friday I noticed the tranny shifting felt smoother! Not a big difference, but I could feel it had changed!

I noticed a little more power increase and the biggest thing I noticed from the Apten Chip this far is....much better acceleration. Not a huge amount, but you can notice it right away. I also noticed the engine ran smoother, I caught my self doing 75mph in a 65mph on the NJ Parkway. It felt like I was doing more like 60mph.

I dont know what has been wrong with my engine all this time? It's ran ruff for a few years now. I could never find the problem. Now it seems as though, the Apten Chip took care of it!??

This is only after one day, so Im interested in seeing how all turns out in the next few days...

Don

Hmm, seems to me I may be ordering my chip sooner than I thought.
lsvader.gif

Originally posted by hrbib21
Hmm, seems to me I may be ordering my chip sooner than I thought.
lsvader.gif

Ohhh man.. what are you waiting for? The 5.0 + Apten = incredible fun factor gain! Get one!

Ry.

Yes, get one! Im happy with the results. Just wish I wasnt having the starting problem.

Anyway, I had more starting problems on Saturday. Took the computer back out, removed the Chip again. Begain cleaning the connectors, I removed most of the sliver metal, lots of copper showing now. :)

Connected everything up again, put the key in and started her up. Let the engine run for 5 min and then took a quick ride. The truck has been sitting since 11:30 Sat night. Im gonna go out and see if I still have starting problems?

Brian, on Sat when I had starting problems. I noticed, inorder to get the engine started, I needed to pump the gas peddle a bit. Started up with no problem then. Now later in the day, I went to pick up a few things from the store, got in and started her up. The engine ran like crap, shaking! Then the check engine light came on, I then shut it off and started back up again. No problem that time.

All those problems were before the good cleaning? That's probably what it needed.

Well, it just happened again today. I went around town a few places, i must have started it up about 5 times today. Only once did it give me a problem. First crank, no start, second crank I pushed on the gas pedle a bit. Started up, but the engine ran rough! Turned it off, and it started up with no problem.

I guess, I'll give it another day or two, then see what Brian wants to do? I hope, the computer just needs to relearn.

Im not sure what the problem could be? But would like to know. Any ideas Brian?

Why not remove the chip for a few days and see what happens?

Aldive, that would be my next step, I guess.

But being, that I did a better cleaning last night, I wanted to wait a few days. Seeing if the cleaning made a difference?

Im curious as to what Brian thinks?

Funny thing is, runs good after I get the truck started.

Back