apten only reburning SCT chips now? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

apten only reburning SCT chips now?

cifer

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I was going to get myself an apten chip from a forum member, but just to be sure everything would work out, I decided to contact Apten. I sent an email, but after waiting a couple of days with no reply, I called them. I was informed that I could send in the chip to be reburned, no problem. The next day I get an email from Gene Fine saying that I should find out whether the chip is a Diablo or an SCT, because they no longer reprogram Diablo chips. If that's the case, is everyone who currently owns Diablos out of luck, or what? What's the deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is correct apten only reburns SCT chips. When I wanted to get my diablo reburned a month ago they told me that they would have to send it to Brian that used to work for him since he was the only one that could reburn the diablo chips.

That....SUCKS!! i have one and was promised lifetime reburns. oh well.

rydin,
so it is possible then to have the diablos reburned? Do they charge extra for having to send the chip to Brian?

When I talked to them they said it was possible to get them reburned with a 2-3 week turnaround time. You should give them a call to find out check out www.apten-us.com

Umm.. I have a question, but please don't make fun of me, I'm stupid about cars 1986 and newer... What does reburn mean?? Is it kinda like flashing the bios on a computer? And, can you burn them to do differant stuff, like more power, or more economy and have a choice???

Back