Testimonials of Apten 87-octane burn chip | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Testimonials of Apten 87-octane burn chip

99Mounty

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer
I have a K&N fipk, custom exhaust, and a baumann shift kit on my 5.0L. I've been reading a lot of good things about the Apten chip. I've had the Diablo chip - and I didn't believe that the cost of 93-octane gasoline justified the performance boost the Diablo chip gave me.

Because the Apten chip is available for 87-octane burn, I am contemplating whether to give it a try or not. I am not interested in the 92-octane burn Apten chip, mainly b/c of the high gasoline prices in my area.

For those with 87-octane burn Apten chips -- what kind of benefits/improvements/performance boosts have you seen?

Can anyone share some testimonials about the Apten chips, specifically running on 87-octane?

Thanks!

well i got the flip chip, and got one program for 87 gas mileage, and the other for 93 performance. there is about a 2 mpg difference between stock and the gas mileage program. The 93 performance program is great, except i might have a few bugs to work out with brian. Im considering the 87 performance burn myself now, because of rising gas prices. but you will notice the most performance diff with the 93 over the 87.

I didnt think it made much difference at first, just a firmer shift. Then I took it out for a few days. It makes more difference than you would think. The shift program is just soooooooooooo much better. You dont realize how bad the stock one is.

Back