ARB bumpers

SteveVB

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Rubicon w/stuff
Looking for info on the ARB(do they make one for the Explorer/Navajo?) style front bumper. I like the styling and quality comments from those who own them. Anyone have info sources www's, ph#'s and if you have one on your truck a pic. of the install would be awsome.

Also saw a custom front bumper done by Hanson for a Dakota build-up in the new Fourwheeler(Truckhaven issue!!) similar style to the ARB anyone know if they have Explorer applications? I know they do Bronco stuff so expanding to the Explorer seems possible.

Any info or input would be much appreciated
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ARB does not make a bumper/winch mount for the Explorer. I spoke with a local dealer about haveing custom brackets fabricated to fit one for another truck on the Explorer. They didn't think it would be a problem, however I still have not heard back from them.

Not to discourage..but I couldn't find anybody that would try to convert the ARB bumper to fit my explorer. I guess they were mostly concerned about what it would do to the airbag system. Good luck and let us know if you get it done!!

Craig

Thats what I thought. I think TJM used to import one but have stopped. So...
A custom build looks like my only option. I guess Ill start calling some fabricators.

Trace, what was the ARB bumper you were going to try and adapt? I dont have airbags so that wouldnt be a problem, may save some headscratching and fabrication if I could get a satisfactory starting point.

Thanks

Check out this site for some awesome (but expensive) bumpers. I believe this is what Paul Bredehoft and Tom Rios (FAKRWEE) are running.

http://www.prozap.com

Dessert Rat still carry the TJM bumpers from their website. I have the T-17 on my '91 Explorer. Their website is attached.

Dead Link Removed

Khoa,

I was told that TJM wasnt importing their products to the US anymore so I will call about the t-17. It looks good - but from the tiny scanned photos cant see much.

Does the T-17 have a winch provision. Also does the bumper wrap around the the front fender at all? What are your observations about the bumper, quality, fit, strength? Sorry so many questions. If you have some pics of it on your truck I would appreciate seeing them. Post or email them to me if you would- thanks again. (I went back and looked at the pics you sent me of the rad arms and tires, they were great-but they dont show your bumper. I ended up doing similar mods to the rad arms for my 31's and the stock wheels)

Thanks

Rick , I looked at prozap for a bumper for a SD truck purchase I was contemplating- they look really sweet, although not cheap. Didnt even think about them for the Navajo. They dont list an application for the explorer so I may call and see what the story is.

Thanks

Steve -

I don't remember how to post the picture on the thread so I'll e-mail a couple pictures to you. Let me know if you received them or not. The pictures were taken by Tom Davids at Clear Lake a few week back.

You can mount the winch directly to the T-17 (steel), if you buy the stainless steel version, you'll have to buy an extra mounting kit. I have a Ramsey REP9000 mounted behind my bumper. The T-17 comes with an option brush guard but I did not like it so I didn't buy it, and you have the option of bolting the wrap around or not around the front fender.

I thought I mention the website because I just saw it yesterday, may be it's still available.

Khoa.

Back