Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
I haven't found the information I am looking for thru the search engine. It has came close, but not the actual diagrams.
Does anyone have or know where I can locate a set of wiring diagrams for an ARB diff locker. I have just reached my end point of trying to rewire the harness. I am trying to match wiring, but it is not working.
What has me mostly confused is the connections at the engagement buttons.
The system is an older model with the glass fuse.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the wiring diagrams and recieved the link from ARB, the wiring wasn't even close to the diagrams at the switches.
Just to be safe, for those who have the ARB system, if you can see the wiring connection at at the switches, do they match the wiring diagrams?
I am wondering if this locker system was "shade tree engineered" at one point.
I'm not worried about the blu/wht for dash illumination. I am beginnig to think I have been chasing "ghosts".

Mine is matched to the diagram.

Do you have front and rear lockers? I know people wire them up funky if they have both because the stock diagram makes it so the rear locker cannot be engaged unless the front locker is too.

Do you have front and rear lockers? I know people wire them up funky if they have both because the stock diagram makes it so the rear locker cannot be engaged unless the front locker is too.

Kool, thanks section. I do have front and rear lockers, I am gonna keep to the diagrams tho, I would think it would be in my favor to go ahead and lock both axles at the same time.

Being able to have an open diff or locked in the front is highly to your advantage. Using the front locker should just be when you absolutely need it, nothing more. Locking the front full time is asking for trouble. This is when parts grenade. When turning and putting stress on the front, and locked, you can break axles and hubs.

You want to be able to have complete control of front locker. For an example, remember in Moab when chad and the couple that had the Rubicon were with us and had troubles going over a couple large obstacles? All they had to do was turn on the front locker and they went right up & over. As soon as they were finished with that obstacle, they turned the locker off.

When I get my front installed, I will only switch the axles live (cad) when needed, that's it.

There has to be a diagram for using both lockers independently somewhere.

Being able to have an open diff or locked in the front is highly to your advantage. Using the front locker should just be when you absolutely need it, nothing more. Locking the front full time is asking for trouble. This is when parts grenade. When turning and putting stress on the front, and locked, you can break axles and hubs.

You want to be able to have complete control of front locker. For an example, remember in Moab when chad and the couple that had the Rubicon were with us and had troubles going over a couple large obstacles? All they had to do was turn on the front locker and they went right up & over. As soon as they were finished with that obstacle, they turned the locker off.

When I get my front installed, I will only switch the axles live (cad) when needed, that's it.

There has to be a diagram for using both lockers independently somewhere.

Isn't that why there is an ON/OFF switch? I only plan on using lockers when they are needed, not full time. Of course this is all mute until I get them working.

I would think it would be in my favor to go ahead and lock both axles at the same time.

So your saying it's all or nothing? :scratch:

I think it may be the opposite of what I said. Front and rear or rear and front. Whatever it is...

Back