Are pre-bent brake line kits available? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are pre-bent brake line kits available?

dmac0923

Reaction score
City, State
Yorktown
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ranger xlt
1995 Explorer XLT 4.0 4wd auto

after 12 years of the northeast salt. the underside of my truck is pretty rusted. finally a pin hole developed in one of the brake lines.

due to the amount of rust i want to replace all the hard lines at once.

are pre bent lines available or only straight runs i need to bend myself?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think you can buy a whole hardline from the dealership, probably wont be cheap though

stainless steel brakes an others have bent lines dont know the cost or if they offer oem steel lines probably not cheap in any case low long a peice are u trying to replace??

There are specialty shops that sell pre-bent hard lines (look in the back of any 4x4 mag and you'll find plenty).. Pre-bent lines are not cheap, 10x the cost of hardline that you bend yourself, but will save you some time and aggravation of bending them up yourself. People that have never worked with hardline shy away from it because of the unknowns of working with it. Hardline is very easy to work with and you can make bends with your bare hands. I would highly recommend going this route to add this skill to your resume..

i jsut replaced a hard fuel line on my freinds toyota and had to do a little replumbing of the hard brakelines too.... i seriously would have figured you could order prebent liens from the dealer... not sure what lines they are, but i daily see prebent hardlines shipped through my work

i called my local part store and if i can bring the stock pieces in, they can bend them and flare them for ya.

i have bent my own hard lines a few times, it seems to take 3 trys before i get it right.

Back