are these issues related?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
Ok in my 92 when i am turn at a stop light....i get a squeek from the steering wheel. Its slight but i still can hear it. Also when i turn the steering where back and forth when driving slow like 10mph i get a squeek that can be heard outside of the truck

any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dunno the PS pump still makes its usually groaning when i turn the wheel....it sounds likes its more of the wheels themselfs...but what? thats what baffles me

Is everything greased up?

what parts do you speak of?

The ball joints if they have fittings, tie rods, etc. Anything with a zerk fitting. Check the suspension bushings too. I'm not saying this is your problem but start with the simple stuff first.

Could be where the steering shaft goes thru the firewall.

Other than that I don't know, you could jack the front end up and get some one to steer back and forth to see if you can find it...

I was hearing the same thing in my 93. It is definitely in the steering wheel. I know exactly what sound you are talking about. Unfortunately mine was so intermitant that I left it alone. My thoughts were that there is a loose bolt in steering column. Its definitely not steering gear box or power steering pump. The way mine sounded I ruled out the little u-joint connection as well. It was almost as if the steering wheel itself was squeeking between the shaft and wheel. I was going to see if I could pull the wheel off like old trucks and grease it. Just my thoughts.

Back