Are You a Happy Sport Owner OR....... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are You a Happy Sport Owner OR.......

If you Lemon Lawed your Ex Sport for smelly cabin, would you?

• Total voters
5200 miles on my Ex Sport and not a single issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank You

When I posted this last week I had heard a lot about fumes is the passenger space that was difficult for techs to solve. Since then I have gotten a positive diagnosis of the blown PTU (although I am disappointed this happened with 300 miles) and think when I get my ride back tomorrow ill be good. Thanks to everyone who voted...wow! 80% would get another X! That makes me feel good about my choice to get a Ford!!

10,000 miles / 5 mos .... no issues, except the lower CAC tube popped off near the turbo at 500 miles (easy fix, loose fitting from the factory). I lemon law'd my XLT for MFT issues, oddly I have almost zero issues w/ the sport and MFT, but I also mounted an iPad and use it for most everything but the phone.

No smells, or any other issue that would warrant concern for me.

Update

My power transfer unit thingy that was initially reported to be "blown", "bad" or whatever term they used wasn't broken apparently after all. The tech reported to me just now that the vent "breather" tube that connects to the PTU is MISSING and that is how the fluid escaped and splattered all over the place. A missing tube....either fell off spontaneously or was missed in quality control at the Chicago factory. The part is now on order and the plan is to install said tube and check for leaks. Looking closer to Friday now. Mine is the first case I know of with this issue,but a poster on this site by the call sign ern3 had his PTU go bad at (I think) 16,000 miles.

My power transfer unit thingy that was initially reported to be "blown", "bad" or whatever term they used wasn't broken apparently after all. The tech reported to me just now that the vent "breather" tube that connects to the PTU is MISSING and that is how the fluid escaped and splattered all over the place. A missing tube....either fell off spontaneously or was missed in quality control at the Chicago factory. The part is now on order and the plan is to install said tube and check for leaks. Looking closer to Friday now. Mine is the first case I know of with this issue,but a poster on this site by the call sign ern3 had his PTU go bad at (I think) 16,000 miles.

Hi Toddgfd,

I see from your case notes that your customer service manager (CSM) has been in touch with you and things are progressing at your dealership. Give me a heads up when your Explorer comes home; if you need any additional assistance, just let me know.

Thanks!

Crystal

Hi Toddgfd,

I see from your case notes that your customer service manager (CSM) has been in touch with you and things are progressing at your dealership. Give me a heads up when your Explorer comes home; if you need any additional assistance, just let me know.

Thanks!

Crystal

Thanks for the follow up Crystal. I got notified yesterday that Ford approved the replacement of the saturated exhaust pipe! So parts were arriving for that and the breather tube off the transfer case (PTU) today, and my SilverSport should be back home tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Thanks for the follow up Crystal. I got notified yesterday that Ford approved the replacement of the saturated exhaust pipe! So parts were arriving for that and the breather tube off the transfer case (PTU) today, and my SilverSport should be back home tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Fantastic news, Toddgfd! Let us know when your SilverSport comes home. :)

Crystal

Back