Arizona Run February 22-23 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run February 22-23

you said that you were going no matter what sean, so dont go changing it, dont worry you will get it fixed;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AM I THE ONLY PERSON CAMPING???

Just wondering if anyone else was camping, I was gonna ask directions so that I don't camp somewhere I shouldn't be camping. If your camping and wouldn't mind a neighbor let me know. Thanks:D

Originally posted by Dust
you said that you were going no matter what sean, so dont go changing it, dont worry you will get it fixed;)

Well, I ordered the outer axle roller bearing, seal, and wheel bearing/flange assembly today. If nothing else goes wrong or needs replacing, hopefully I can have the drivetrain put back together by this weekend. Then of course comes the moment of truth when the diff gets pulled and I get to inspect the insides. If everything is good, then it will be reinstalled with the new RCD bracket and I should be in good shape. If not it will depend on what is needed to get the diff rebuilt.

--Sean

Re: AM I THE ONLY PERSON CAMPING???

Originally posted by Msupertek
Just wondering if anyone else was camping, I was gonna ask directions so that I don't camp somewhere I shouldn't be camping. If your camping and wouldn't mind a neighbor let me know. Thanks:D
I was looking at the KOA just outside Mesa (you'd end up driving through mesa to get to some of the trails) for lack of knowledge of a better place. $20 a night for a tent site w/ showers, bathrooms, etc. I haven't made reservations yet, so if anyone has a better place, let us know.

Jeff, this one is much closer to the trails and I think it has to be closer to my house as well as it is straight up I-17 probably 30 minutes from my house and 10 minutes or less from the 4 trails.

BLACK CANYON CITY KOA
Phoenix Area

Sample Old West and great scenery. Centrally located, use as base camp for Phoenix, Sedona, Oak Creek, gold panning, hiking and 4-wheel drive exploring. Spring training baseball camps nearby. Snowbirds, tenters and groups welcome. Pull throughs, cable TV, pool and spa. Weekly and monthly rates available. KOA, Box 569, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324.

OPEN ALL YEAR

Toll Free Reservations 1-800-562-5314

Information: (623) 374-5318

Originally posted by Rick
Jeff, this one is much closer to the trails and I think it has to be closer to my house as well as it is straight up I-17 probably 30 minutes from my house and 10 minutes or less from the 4 trails.
Thanks Rick,
On first glance I thought that one was way too far north. . .but now that I look at it closer I guess not :)

THANKS TO JEFE AND RICK!

Well I guess that's where I will camp. So I guess I'll see ya there Jefe. Is anyone else pondering about camping?:D

Reserved My Spot!

Well I called and made reservations for me. So I am definitetly there. $19 bucks a day, running water at camp site, shower and bathrooms available as well. Just in case anyone else was planning on camping, I don't know how big the camp sites are but if they are as big as the ones I camp at in Texas at the State Parks then there is plenty of room for more people. If you want to share a site its only $4 each additional adult, lets split up the fee and both save some money. Let me know.:cool:

I might be camping...not sure who's coming with me at this point. If it's my Dad, he's buying a hotel room, if it's my friend we'll be camping out/sleeping in the truck... I'll keep ya posted if we end up camping...

Not bad... I will plan on the Black Canyon KOA too... let me know what info I would need to give ya, to share (split) campground and costs. That would be a cool deal to camp with a couple of us at the same site.

Becker69

Nothing really, just let me know where do you want to meet. The site is reserved under Michael Helbert. I should be arriving there on Friday the 21st at about
3 PM. Me and a buddy will take turns driving non stop from Arlington, Texas. We plan to leave at 8 pm Thursday Night. If you want E-mail me your cell phone number or wherever you'll be and I'll call you when we arrive. Oh ya and I don't know how long everyone is staying but I reserved it for the 21, 22, 23 just in case we are to tired to start the drive home Sunday night. As far as the split goes I figure if ya pitch in 6 bucks that would work out just fine, (each extra person with you just bring $4 bucks per night, I figure comes out to be pretty fair). That will save all of us a few dollars.

Hey becker do you have an e-mail and I'll give ya my cell phone and possibly you could give me yours in case I am running late if you want. But I will definitely be there.

Well I am back on the road. Only took 5 hours to get everything installed and good to go. Now I just have to take it easy until I can have the diff examined and the new bracket installed...

COME ON AZ run!

--Sean

Msupertek; sounds good man, I sent you an e-mail with some additional contact info.
I'm going to have to find some wood to bring out for camping..... :)

Schedule of runs

Rick,
What's the plan for which trails are being run on particular days? I know a guy that has a locked 4x2 Ranger (super modified desert runner) that wants to go on some of the milder runs.
Rick

Here is the order in which we will run the trails.

Big Dawgs

Saturday Feb. 22
Raw Deal & Upper Terminator
Sunday Feb. 23
Lower Terminator & Judgement Day

Milder Runs

Saturday Feb. 22
FR-42 (Telegraph Trail) & Side Trails
Sunday Feb. 23
Crown King

All runs will depart at 9am from the staging areas. I will post directions and maps to the staging areas shortly and will also email all participants with the details.

Map to Big Dawg Trails For Saturday and Sunday.

Attachments

• tablemesa_map.gif
    tablemesa_map.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 150

Map for Saturdays mild run. FR42

Attachments

• bartlett.gif
    bartlett.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 154

What you can expect on FR42.

Photos by Dustin.

dannyboy going down edge of the earth
Dead Link Removed

offroadkc lettin it all hang out
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

how many exlporers can you find in this picture?
Dead Link Removed

Not shown are several tippy off camber spots. Kevin made it through with no problem in his late model Ex with no lockers. Dannyboy did just fine in 3wd :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Rick

how many exlporers can you find in this picture?
Just Two!

Back