Arizona Run March 16-17 2002 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

Originally posted by TwoToneFordExpl
Count this Coloradoan in :)

Marshall, make sure you let me know when you're leaving and we'll caravan if it's feasible.

I sure will!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driving time

Twotone , I use to drive Pueblo to Tempe a few times a year . It took an average of 13.5 hrs including gas/restroom stops , you can add 1.2 hrs from Denver I'm hoping you guys will want to caravan and make a stop @ the Grand Canyon , I've never been there . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :

hey that works for me I haven't been there either, so you live in Pueblo huh, have you seen or do you know the guy with the first gen X with the snorkle and I think 5.5"??

Hey, I'm game, I've never been to the Grand Canyon either :D

COOOOOL!

Sounds good fellas . The guy with the snorkel was part owner of 4Paw offroad center (they went under), met him once before , see him around town is all . I think he visits this site . Pueblo has atleast 6 first gen. X's with 4" + lifts . I've talked to a few of em' and told em' about the site , but I don't know if they come here or not ? Pueblo ,are you here ?????:D

yeah Puebloans where are ya and where did ya get those snorkels????

Hi All~
well this run is occuring during my spring break and since i have never been on an explorer run, i am eager. So if i can get my sister to bring her 2002 sport track or my friends ranger to tow "The GORILLA" (my EX) on a flat bed. Then i am all up for the drive from OHIO to AZ!!!
I just need to keep posted on hotels, overnight stay, and the trouble i am getting myself into ;o). So as soon as i can con some friends into spending there spring break with a bunch of awesome explorer owners and one heck of a road trip, then i am there.

Pueblo Colorado Here...I may possibly be able to attend ill have to pass it by the wife well have to see which vehicle it is gonna be the Ranger Or The B2 project and if all else fails possibly ride second seat with someone and split the expenses....Zach

You're welcome to come with me Zach, if things don't work out...

Jared thanks for the invite im deffenatly gonna be goin just dont want to driive the ranger just to wheel it hopefully my newest project b2 will be ready by then and i can tow it down there.. there may be another ranger from pueblo goin if we can get it fixed by then and if the b2 ready will tow b2 behind..Damn i got my work cut out for me we rolled ranger 2 1/2 times at lefthand canyon :roll: needs a new body now and i dont even want to get into what the b2 is needing..any way it looks ill end up down there either driving or riding and caravaning sounds cool only seen grand canyon in pics ....Zach:bounce: oh did i mention now the wife wants me to buy her an X so that may be an option too

Got any tips

Got any tips for the new guy that will be coming fron new mexico, with Jack Lobdell's old 92 X. Ever since i got it i have been following his wish list that i got off this website, and i think he would be proud to see it know, with a few new twist that i thrown in i 'am really looking forward to play with the big dogs in my first X trip ever.

Any advice would could help

Jason

Hmm... I'd like to try and make this one...

An Arizona run sounds great. Not to mention getting out of Colorado after a long winter. By March I've had more than enough of the snow and cold.
I will hold off on signing up for now but will try to make arrangements to attend.
MrBoyle, I see we are "neighbors" now. Welcome to the area. Do you live in downtown Colona or ???

I plan on going but need to hold off on the sign up this sounds like alot of fun, hope to see you all soon.

Wade

I was just admiring ya'lls (that's Texan for you
guys)pictures of Crown King! I grew up in N Phx
and used to desert race motorcycles and am quite familiar with the Crown King area. What a beautiful place it is. I have ridden up the Bradshaw trail many times on my cycle and have even been stuck in the saloon for many hours waiting for my rescue vehicle to show up. In fact I was invited to stay the evening by shall we say a more mature woman than I would take notice of.
I would love to come but its a long way from Houston in fact I just arrived home from there this evening from visiting my family for Thanksgiving. I did take my wife and mother in law to the cinders to see where I used to ride my 250R
fourtrax, boy what memories... perhaps I could be
persauded,anyway anybody attending will be quite
surprised by AZ beauty. PS By the way did you know
that the Saloon was originally at one of the local gold mines and when it shut down it was taken apart and rebuilt at Crown King! I think it was the Ora Belle mine. The Saloon is well over a 100 years old. Have fun!!!

Is a chevy welcome to come? BLAH BLAH i know i have an explorer, but she has been retired to the street.

I have come accross a pretty nice deal on a 79 Jimmy.

If i am welcome i will do my best to make the trip, but i have some stuff i need to put into the Jimmy before she is 100% to go.

:rolleyes:

I don't see any problem with you bringing the Jimmy, usually all are welcome to these runs. We just might give you a little of a hard time if it gets stuck :)

Yeah i know. See i have wheeled the piss out of the explorer, and it is not starting to catch up with me. So i have moved to the chevy, since it is super cheap to fix and stuff.. Anyway i will have to see if i can pull the fundage!

Re: Hmm... I'd like to try and make this one...

Originally posted by wabbit

MrBoyle, I see we are "neighbors" now. Welcome to the area. Do you live in downtown Colona or ???

I actually live up County Road 22. If you are in Montrose during the day and want to meet I work at the Pipe Shop (2352 E. Main). Stop by any time.

How about some more sign ups for the Arizona run. Come on where's all the Big Dawgs :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do I count as a Big Dawg yet Rick??

C'mon I've got 35's :bounce: :bounce:

However, if you're doing some of the things I've seen pictures from AZ like:

PB080806.jpg

:eek: maybe I don't want to be a Big Dawg :D

Back