Armando's 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Armando's 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

We just got our 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and we love it.
Below is a picture and a link to my site with tons of more pictures.

Explorer-pic2.jpg

Armando's 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

Cheers!

-Armando

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrats! NICE NICE color, me like, and a nice truck :)

Welcome to the site! The new Explorers are growing on me thats for sure. Look forward to seeing the first modified 2002 Explorer on the site! Get ready to spend lots of money. :)

SWEEEEET

I love it . My buddy has an Anniversary Edition w/ 20's . I like the Porsche a lil' bit better though .

wow...looks great....

Thanks for the comments...

Yeah, thanks for the comments. I'm wondering what are the types of mods that will become available for the 2002 Explorers. I'm looking into the Superchip option, they state an increase of about 20 hp and 22 lbs-ft of torque. I'm wondering if it makes the engine sound louder.

Cheers,

-Armando

i think a less restrictive air intake and a cat-back exhaust is what will make it louder. i dont think the chip will, since it basically advances the timing and changes shift points.

2002 mods

how they gonna lift the 2002 expo when the axle shafts pas THROUGH the frame in the rear??? ouch

:shooting:

Cool, Eddie Bauer gift certificate!

Just for buying the 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, I got a $75 gift certificate to www.eddiebauer.com in the mail.

Cool!

-Armando

PS. Anybody got these in the mail?

Is it tru that you can get a 2002 with a manual transmission?

Is that a 996 or Boxter (please say 996). My dad has a 73' 911 T with less than 3800 miles on it. THATS RIGHT! 3800 MILES! God I want that car.

you can't get a 2002 with a manual transmission.
manual transmissions were only available with the OHV 4.0L engine.

The 2002 Explorer is available with a 5 speed manual, but only in the XLS model. According to the info in the brochure I downloaded from the Ford website, the manual transmission comes with a 3.73 gear, and the towing capacity is rated at 2700 lb for the 4X2 and 2500 lb for the 4X4.

Hi guys, Like the 2002's. For those looking for a cheap way to modify the air box and get a louder sound from the motor I've done this to my 2002 4.0l. Take out the front snorkle in the air box that leads to the lights. Don't know if they make a K&N yet). Then on the tube that flows to the intake (where the mass air meter is) there is a silencer sticking of the side of the Tube. Take that off and plug the hole. I just went to the hardware store and got a rubber plug. I'm looking for something else to plug it with because on hot days i can smell the rubber.(its not burning or melting just getting warm). These two mods have givin me increase fuel econ. and a tougher sound.

Also... Below the front air dam there are two cut outs down there that look like there for lights. They are tow hook blockouts. And the expedition/f150 tow hooks fit perfectly in the frame holes tucked right behind the air dam. Im sure you will see this included in future explorers. You don't put a hole in the front with holes in the frame for nothing.

Soon as i sqeeze the largest tires i can under (going for 275/70-16) I will post some pics.

gift cert

I just bought a 2004 eddie B. Looks just like yours with different rims. I'm waiting to see if Eddie Bauer sends along a gift cert or something. That would be really nice, eh? They still doing that?

~Mo fo

Nice!!

Trckmagik said:
Welcome to the site! The new Explorers are growing on me thats for sure. Look forward to seeing the first modified 2002 Explorer on the site! Get ready to spend lots of money. :)

well I doubt he's a member on the forum but here is a guy I know. His name is Christian and he's from San Diego as well..

25.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, here ya go

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~fyu-****/images/expnew.JPG

See? Same looking thing as ASANTANA's with different rims, I added the splash guards, bug deflector, all weather floor mats and cargo tray, and the window trim thingees since this pic was taken. This is a 2004.

V8, sunroof, audiophile 6 CD, dual air conditioner controls (marriage saver!), Estate Green, etc. blah blah blah.

Now I'm gonna wait for Eddie Bauer to send me a coupon in the mail or a tote bag or something. Should I hold my breath or do they not do that anymore?

~Mo fo

Back