AT filter quality?

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Since there is much differences in oil filter quality from one mfg to another, what about AT filters?

Is there differences in quality? The last time I bought one was from Advanced Auto, (Pro King) appeared to be a Fram in disguise (yikes) but seemed OK and I used it.

It is time to do a fluid and filter change and was wondering what I should use.

no expert here, but i asked my uncle that a year or two ago and he works for a company called Trans star industries. he has been working with transmissions for about 30 years and know every nut and bolt in and around them. i asked him the same question and he said that there are basically 3 brands of tranny filters out there. there are just 50 different boxes. Even a wix tranny filter is not made by wix, but someone else; the gasket is a wix gasket. i'm not sure which one he said he prefers, but i remember him telling me that the ones they sell at advance auto parts(that proking one or something) is probably his least favorite. again. no expert, but i personally take his advice. maybe it helps you, maybe it confuse everyone a little more

Back