Audioabhn amps

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
Alright.....as you know I purchased a Earthquake Magma 15 and learned that my Kicker ZR240 amp has no hope of ever pushing it! So now Im planning on selling my Kicker ZR240, ZX460, and my link. Here is my question......how good are Audiobahn amps?....any suggestions?......how hot do they run at low ohms?.......If I dont go Audiobahn I will probably go Mmats. Thanks. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally i think........

Audiobahn amps arent not worth the money to me, I have tried out the legacy and power accoustic, But you know what? Its really worth it to run a main stream amp. I would suggest anything rockford power series, Im sure a 500.2 would run that driver quite well. I used to own a 500.2 and two infinity perfects (12.1) each at 1400 watts peak and the little 500 blew them twice.

Re: Personally i think........

Originally posted by Yng_pnk
Audiobahn amps arent not worth the money to me, I have tried out the legacy and power accoustic, But you know what? Its really worth it to run a main stream amp. I would suggest anything rockford power series, Im sure a 500.2 would run that driver quite well. I used to own a 500.2 and two infinity perfects (12.1) each at 1400 watts peak and the little 500 blew them twice.

what are you talking about??:confused:
Audiobahn make some of the best amps around. rockford amps are pretty good, but the audiobahn amps are more efficient, cleaner sounding, and underrated power output. Audiobahn is a regular on the competiton scene (IASCA, USAC, MECP, DB DRAG, etc...). and a lot of the winning vehicles use audiobahn equipment.

i agree that legacy and power acoustik are semi generic and not really worth the $$. and they never put out the rated power. Audiobahn only rates the RMS output of it's amps (and RMS handling of the speakers/subs) because that's all that matters. peak power doesnt mean sh*t.

Originally posted by BTRs X
how hot do they run at low ohms

i have a 275HC that i have run at 1 ohm mono for the past two years. i play my system pretty loud, and the amp has never even felt warm. since it runs cooler then most amps, that means more power output and much less distortion. heat is the enemy in car audio. not only does it rob power and SQ, but it shortens th life of your equipment.

thezeb.com is having some killer deals on 2001 audiobahn amps. mono block 800 watt audiobahn amp for 249. runs a rms of 560!
i hope this is on sale when i get the money to buy it!

later
ryan

just curious but is audiobahn produced/manufactured out of canada?

Audiobahn is from Cali. 7 years ago a stereo shop owner started the company because he wanted to develop powerful efficient car audio equipment that would win competitions.

If you want a good amp for less money the ma mono block amps kick major butt

Back