• Register Today It's free!

AudioPhillo SAT Radio Confusion

JohnQ-FWB

Reaction score
City, State
Port Angeles, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited 4.6
I have a 2004 Limited with an Audiophilo Radio & has a SAT Button. I would like to add Sirius/XM. I got the necessary accessories to do that or thought that I had. When the Tech pulled the radio out to hook it up, he said it was the "wrong parts." That leads me to believe Ford used two different Audiophilo radios. Am I correct??

On my wife's '04 with audiophile it has the "Phase 2" 24 pin plug. I purchased a Terk XM radio unit and a mathcing interface device and it plugged right in. On my '05 Sport Trac it does have the SAT button but it is not an audiophile system. For the 'Trac I had to purchase a special adapter cable that had the older "World" style plug on it to make it work.

On my wife's '04 with audiophile it has the "Phase 2" 24 pin plug. I purchased a Terk XM radio unit and a mathcing interface device and it plugged right in. On my '05 Sport Trac it does have the SAT button but it is not an audiophile system. For the 'Trac I had to purchase a special adapter cable that had the older "World" style plug on it to make it work.

THX for that Terk info, that's the "Second Set of Parts" that I got off of Fleabay. Now I just need to remember where I "Stored" it.:D

I'll second what "gtyates" stated. It's the phase 2 gray type connectors you need to have for the XM adapter connections. I did the Terk Xm radio in my '98 Ex. years ago and it required the phase 2 connections. I converted the vehicle's world plugs to phase 2 on a '06 radio and it works great.
On the earlier Terk wiring harness some had an wiring error that required a pin swap for the Xm adapter to work. Just FYI in case it doesn't work the first time, and comes up with a "No sat" message on the display.

Back