• Register Today It's free!

Auto lock grayed out

Exploder82

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport ;p
My auto lock and unlock are not working. Auto Unlock is enabled along with everything else. Auto lock is grayed out and cannot select it.
92D09A77-B418-4AB8-9445-A760FB664738.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the doors still auto-lock when you start driving?

Peter

Not to get too creepy, but I noticed from your post history that you are active in some of the FORSCAN discussions. Could this have been something that accidentally got disabled in FORSCAN?

Looks like it's something you could enable again with FORSCAN. On a 2016 Sport, I believe it has IPC type 2 which would correspond possibly to this setting:

Autolock Control & Autolamp Delay 16-19MY IPC 720-01-01 x..* xxxx xx-- 0=Disabled, 1=Autolock Control, 2=Autolamp Delay, 3=Autolock Control & Autolamp Delay

Not to get too creepy, but I noticed from your post history that you are active in some of the FORSCAN discussions. Could this have been something that accidentally got disabled in FORSCAN?

Looks like it's something you could enable again with FORSCAN. On a 2016 Sport, I believe it has IPC type 2 which would correspond possibly to this setting:

Autolock Control & Autolamp Delay 16-19MY IPC 720-01-01 x..* xxxx xx-- 0=Disabled, 1=Autolock Control, 2=Autolamp Delay, 3=Autolock Control & Autolamp Delay
Nope. I’ve been doing FORScan stuff for years. I always double check anything I do. I also haven’t made any changes for quite sometime. This problem also just recently started within the last few days.

I don't know if want to try a negative battery cable disconnect for a few minutes or not. You will likely lose some saved memory settings with no guarantee it will work to fix the issue. There is a similar thread in the PIU section with no resolution posted.

Peter

I don't know if want to try a negative battery cable disconnect for a few minutes or not. You will likely lose some saved memory settings with no guarantee it will work to fix the issue. There is a similar thread in the PIU section with no resolution posted.

Peter
I’m having all kinds of weird issues at the moment with it. Driver side mirror doesn’t move depending on the memory setting for driver 1,2, etc…..now the locks. The passenger front lock works when it wants. I’m about done with it. Been looking at the new Lightning.

I’m having all kinds of weird issues at the moment with it. Driver side mirror doesn’t move depending on the memory setting for driver 1,2, etc…..now the locks. The passenger front lock works when it wants. I’m about done with it. Been looking at the new Lightning.
Now that sounds like a Cheap fix! Lol

If ordering a Lightning, I think you'll have to wait until; the 2023 models become available. No retail orders are being accepted for the 2022 any longer.

Peter

If ordering a Lightning, I think you'll have to wait until; the 2023 models become available. No retail orders are being accepted for the 2022 any longer.

Peter
I’m well aware. I’ve been talking with several dealers looking to buy one once they have one in inventory.

Back