Auto ON Interior Lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto ON Interior Lights?

jonb3333

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I have a 2020 Explorer ST...and it is amazing. I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's a way to have the interior lights automatically come on when opening the door? I find it to be nice at night when you're getting in or out of the car...I believe most of my previous cars did this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My F150 has a button that disables the lights from coming on. I would look around or check the manual for something similar.

Edit. Here you go this might help.

Screenshot_20191114-000041_Edge.jpg

Yes, check the last one: “Interior Lamp Function “. My wife accidentally pushed that one while trying to activate the passenger map light and temporarily disabled everything.

It is useful when tailgating, etc.

Or pull to the side of the road to pee at night and not have a spot light on you (I live in the middle of nowhere with no services, it happens).

I have a 2020 Explorer ST...and it is amazing. I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's a way to have the interior lights automatically come on when opening the door? I find it to be nice at night when you're getting in or out of the car...I believe most of my previous cars did this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As mentioned, it is probably just a setting. The 5th gen didn't have a setting to turn them OFF.

Peter

How do you make the interior lights come on when a door is opened?

Someone hit the switch in the overhead console. Push the switch and it will turn them all on when the door is open. It is also in your manual (shows you a pic of the button to push).

How do you make the interior lights come on when a door is opened?
Hi Wayne. Your thread was merged with this existing one found using the Forum's 'Search' function.

Peter

Back