Auto seat settings. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto seat settings.

baiths

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
Sometimes when I put the car in gear my seat starts moving and the interior lights come on. This also happens right after starting the vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the 2006-2010 section. This is normal since the position is programmed into the memory. Are you trying to clear these settings, and enter a new setting?

That doesn't sound right or safe!...on my 01 limited, the memory feature wont work if its in gear.

Seats should only move when you:
a. Hit the memory button (1 or 2)
b. Turn the key to the "on" position, AND you are using the "Easy Entry" feature

The easy entry moves the seat back when you remove the keys. So when you enter the car, the seat is back further (for "easy entry"). When you turn the key, the seat moves back forward. You can disable this feature thru the setup menu.

But I don't think it is normal for the seats to move when the truck is put into gear. Any seat movement should have already taken place when the engine was started.

the seats moves back?

sounds like you have a bad door ajar switch, which is allowing easy exit.

No. That is how the Easy Entry feature works. This is an option, or part of a package.
With Easy-Entry turned on, when you remove the keys from the ignition, the driver seat moves back several inches. When you return to your vehicle, since the seat is still back further, it's easier to enter (hence the name). As soon as you put the key back in the ignition, the seat moves back to it's prior position.

Fors has a service message for an updated ignition cylinder. If you touch the cylinder the lights and seats move on their own.

Fors has a service message for an updated ignition cylinder. If you touch the cylinder the lights and seats move on their own.

I bet that's exactly what it is. I had the seat easy entry/exit option turned off, but my dome light would come on intermittently, day or night, especially when going over big bumps. I found I could force the light on or off by pushing/pulling on the key while in the ignition...Push/pull, as in away/toward you, 90 degrees to the flat surfaces. Ford fixed it under warranty.

Chris

Back