Auto unlock doors in Park | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto unlock doors in Park

The doors can auto lock/unlock when shut off based on settings (did on my 13 and does on my 16) <ignore the switch inhibit that is highlighted>

20160302_172422-M.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The doors can auto lock/unlock when shut off based on settings (did on my 13 and does on my 16) <ignore the switch inhibit that is highlighted>
Haven't seen that screen configured that way before. Not on my 2011 Ex nor on my 2014 MKT. Does that allow the doors to unlock when you go into Park and shut the engine off?

Peter

^^ Sure does, nice feature to have.

If you actually live where that type of stuff happens, I feel really sorry for you. I would:
1. Move, or
2. Get a concealed weapons permit, carry a 9mm or maybe a 40 in a quick release holster on the console, and shoot the bastids that pull open my door.

Remember, everyone in WV carries guns, so we don't get messed with! Like the old song says...The bad guys know us and they leave us alone!

Yes, exactly! Why the he'll would you live in an area that that is a problem?!

And in my case, it's just when I put the car in park to let my adult children out . Fullish me, we travel together.
I've been driving for 40 yrs, and my cars have remained locked till I put the car in park. We aren't talk when we stop at a red light. There are child safety locks on the back if i feel it necessary with younger children. This seems a bit redundant and unnecessary.

I could learn to unlock the doors, , well golly like I learned to use the cellular device.

..................................................... There are child safety locks on the back if i feel it necessary with younger children. This seems a bit redundant and unnecessary........................................
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure if you are referring to the Child Safety Locks as being redundant but they serve a very useful purpose for those with young children.
They prevent them from opening the rear doors from the inside. A great safety feature IMO.

Peter

I guess living out in hillbilly territory makes you immune from stop light car jacking. In more urban areas, a popular technique for thugs is to sneak up to the drivers unlocked door, open it, unbuckle/cut your seat belt, and throw your a$$ out of the car.

It's not just for kids. It prudent practice.

Preventing Carjacking
My Ford explorer interior lights or the auto locks do not work, I live in crazy ass Houston, single small female. I want my auto locks to work and interior lights. It's for my peace of mind and safety. I've already had to have the hood painted. I paid. Explorer is famous for that.

My Ford explorer interior lights or the auto locks do not work, I live in crazy ass Houston, single small female. I want my auto locks to work and interior lights. It's for my peace of mind and safety. I've already had to have the hood painted. I paid. Explorer is famous for that.
Welcome to the Forum Jena. :wave:
The hood should have been covered by Ford's TSB 20-2233, List of Useful Threads - 2011 + Explorer TSB's & SSM's
As for the interior lights, there is a fuse for 'Demand' lamps (turned ON by their own switch) and one for 'Courtesy Lamps' (come ON when a door is opened). Are you saying they don't come ON in either case? Did the lights and auto locks fail at the same or different times? Have you verified in the Settings that 'Autolock' is enabled?

Peter

Back