Auto window rollup

LakersCentral

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
This: https://instagram.com/p/zLCsRRKNK9

I want! Talked to a number of shops in my area- there seems no easy way to do with the Canbus system in our explorers. But apparently some guys had a module they were featuring at this year's SEMA show that's plug n play with the Canbus. Hopefully this comes to market soon!

I had it back in the day in my 88 Accord. Super useful feature, not to mention pretty cool. Never had to worry about rolling up the windows. People would tell me I left my windows down, to which I would tell them "I dont think so". They turn around again, and BAM! windows up. :confused: :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure about the mirrors folding in but either that is aftermarket or global close is functioning (which I doubt the mirrors would be part of). Unfortunately I can't read Russian....I suspect that was language it is. :)

Global close? Since the ability to roll up the windows is (obviously) built into the car, it would be real nice to be able to just modify the firmware/software, instead of having to add new hardware. The mirrors could have been accomplished in software too since its standard in the Limited I believe. But there are definitely elements autoworksrussia has added that were neither standard nor options, so I suspect it is all aftermarket.

And yes, its Russian... but no useful info. It just says: "We are pleased to offer our current and future customers... Automatic door closers of all windows and mirrors at the close of the vehicle is armed. A very useful feature for all owners of Ford Explorer5. Now there is no need to check not closed glass before leaving the car."

Global Close does exist in other Ford and Lincoln lines. I figured out how to add the option to my instrument cluster (IPC) and IDS allows Global Close to be enabled as an option for my BCM. But....it doesn't work. I would suspect it is a software limitation within the BCM. This is with my 13 Taurus SHO. Wish I lived in a bigger area because I would love to test this stuff out on other newer Fords and such.

I have it on my MKT. The Owner's Guide shows;

Global Opening and Closing
Note: The ignition must be off and the accessory delay feature must not
be activated in order for this feature to operate.
Note: This feature can be disabled or enabled by your authorized dealer.
You can open and close the vehicle’s windows, and vent the moonroof
using the remote control.

The bold text was done by me. I guess it doesn't work on the Explorer even if you can set the option.

Peter

I figured out how to add the option to my instrument cluster (IPC) and IDS allows Global Close to be enabled as an option for my BCM. But....it doesn't work.

Think its worth a try on the Explorer? Unfortunately the dealership closest to me is absolutely worthless... so I'd have to buy the hardware to change it myself. I'd probably be willing to do that tho, considering theres a handful of other things I'd like to modify as well.

Think its worth a try on the Explorer? Unfortunately the dealership closest to me is absolutely worthless... so I'd have to buy the hardware to change it myself. I'd probably be willing to do that tho, considering theres a handful of other things I'd like to modify as well.

That depends on your idea of how much research, time and money spent on trying is worth it or not.

IDS does show global opening and closing settings for the BCM in IDS. I just looked at a saved Utility session I have. Whether it actually functions is another issue. To add it to the cluster would take research and trial and error testing.

Back